- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 15
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Centre based in the heart of the Côte d’Azur
- Coastal paths and mountain trails
- Beautiful gardens and picturesque mountain villages
Located on the Franco-Italian border, on the edge of the warm Mediterranean sea, Menton is a delight for any visitor. It is easy to see how it earned its nickname 'The Pearl of France,' combining a city of gardens, seaport, beach resort and a paradise for hikers all rolled into one! With the Alpine chain dropping into the sea at the level of French/Italian border, it is also an ideal location for an Exodus guided walking holiday. Many of the trails start directly from the town and gain altitude in a short distance, offering some of the finest views of the French Riviera.
Day 1: Start Menton
Day 2: Walk to the Cap Martin Peninsula, visit Carnoles garden, bursting with
colourful citrus trees; those that wish can explore the Palais Carnoles, an
art museum with a priceless collection.
Day 3: Discover Eze; visit the Exotic Garden. Walk down the Nietzche path to join
Day 4: Train or bus to Carnoles; Walk to Roquebune. Take the ferry shuttle to cross
Monaco Harbour; Discover Monaco old town.
Day 5: Free day to explore Menton old town, take a trip to the chic principality of
Monaco or visit one of the many exotic gardens in the area.
Day 6: Train to Villefranche bay; walk to Cap Ferrat and to Saint Hospice
Day 7: Optional visit to Serre de la Madone garden showcasing rare subtropical
plants, followed by a visit to Sainte Agnes.
Day 8: End Menton
- 7 nights comfortable hotel with en suite facilities5 days centre-based walkingLow altitude throughoutAltitude maximum 751m, average 350m ,All breakfastsAll accommodation All transport and listed activitiesTour leader throughout (if booking incl. flights)
- Any international flights to/from Menton are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Walks & Gardens of the French Riviera tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 112 today.
- Earn US$ 75+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Walks & Gardens of the French Riviera tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 30 September 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 30 September 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Walks & Gardens of the French Riviera tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Walks & Gardens of the French Riviera tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.