- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 26
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Mazy souks of Marrakech
- Djemma El Fna
- Kasbah of Ait Benhaddou
- Todra Gorge in Tinghir
Our Moroccan Desert Safari tour is a fantastic insight into the history and cultures of the Moroccan desert regions.
The Moroccan tour kicks off in 4WD vehicles as we begin our journey towards the Sahara Desert. We travel across the Atlas Mountains and over the highest mountain pass in Africa. While we’re at it, we'll also visit the famous UNESCO world heritage site of Ait Benhaddou which has featured in many famous movies.
After passing through many Berber villages and Kasbahs, we'll spend the night in a Berber camp, set amongst the spectacular Erg Chebbi sand dunes. We'll also spend one night in the remote desert town of Zagora before returning to Marrakech through the Draa Valley and across the mountains again.
Back in Marrakech we'll take a city tour including the Bahia Palace, the Koutoubia Minaret, and the beautiful Majorelle Garden before finishing in the central square and surrounding souqs.
You then have a final day to explore Marrakech further or take an optional tour.
The standard tour uses mid-range hotels, together with the desert camp with upgrades available to a higher Comfort and Superior level on request – don’t hesitate to contact us for more information.
Day 1 : Arrive into Marrakech. Transfer to hotel
Day 2 : Across the Atlas Mountains to Ait Benhaddou & Ouarzazate
Day 3 : Dades Canyon, Todra Gorge and the Erg Chebbi Sand Dunes
Day 4 : Desert adventure, Khamlia Village and Zagora
Day 5 : Cross the Draa Valley and Atlas Mountains to Marrakech
Day 6 : Marrakech city tour & Majorelle Gardens
Day 7 : Marrakech. Free time & optional tours
Day 8 : Departure from Marrakech
- All accommodation as stated in the itinerary
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- All transport and transfers
- 24-hour airport arrival & departure transfer service
- English speaking driver and specialist local guides
- Multilingual tour leader throughout (groups of 8 )
- Entrances fees to monuments as stated
- International Flights
- Visa fees
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Single room supplements (chargeable if a same-sex room share is not available)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Tips for guide & driver
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 30+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Morocco Desert Safari tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 12 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 12 November 2021, a deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Morocco Desert Safari tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Morocco Desert Safari tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This package trip adheres to protocols which are in line with the recommendations from the World Travel & Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travel’ guidelines.