- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Experience the peace and tranquillity of canoeing on the Zambezi
- Camp out under the stars on secluded islands
- Game drives in Chiawa Game Management Area, renowned for its elephant sightings
- Game walks and canoeing in the Lower Zambezi National Park
An exciting trip perfect for those wishing to encounter the spectacular wildlife and incredible scenery of Zambia in as intimate and active a way as possible. The mighty Zambezi is an excellent location for a canoe safari. Camping out on secluded beaches, the days are spent relishing magnificent scenery and abundant game, while passing the ever-present basking crocodiles and hippo pods. Away from the water there is also plenty of time for game walks and drives to experience the diverse wildlife and remarkable scenery this region has to offer.
Day 1: Start Lusaka; transfer to the Zambezi River.
Day 2-4: Three days canoeing and wildlife watching on the Zambezi River, camping on
Day 5: Morning canoeing; afternoon game walk and drive in Game Management Area.
Day 6: Canoe to Lower Zambezi N.P.; morning game walk; afternoon game drive back to
Day 7: Transfer to our riverside camp.
Day 8: Transfer to Lusaka; end.
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 7 lunches and 7 dinners
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- 5 nights semi-participatory camping with either limited or no facilities, 2 nights camping in tented camp with shared facilities
- Travel by open canoes on the Zambezi River
- No previous experience necessary
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from Lusaka are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this The Zambezi Valley tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 73+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this The Zambezi Valley tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 210 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 29 July 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
The Zambezi Valley tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Zambezi Valley tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.