- Wildlife safaris and game drives
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Experience the peace and tranquillity of canoeing on the ZambeziCamp out under the stars on secluded islandsGame drives in Chiawa Game Management Area, renowned for its elephant sightingsGame walks and canoeing in the Lower Zambezi National Park
An exciting trip perfect for those wishing to encounter the spectacular wildlife and incredible scenery of Zambia in as intimate and active a way as possible. The mighty Zambezi is an excellent location for a canoe safari. Camping out on secluded beaches, the days are spent relishing magnificent scenery and abundant game, while passing the ever-present basking crocodiles and hippo pods. Away from the water there is also plenty of time for game walks and drives to experience the diverse wildlife and remarkable scenery this region has to offer.
Day 1: Start Lusaka; transfer to the Zambezi River.
Day 2-4: Three days canoeing and wildlife watching on the Zambezi River, camping on
Day 5: Morning canoeing; afternoon game walk and drive in Game Management Area.
Day 6: Canoe to Lower Zambezi N.P.; morning game walk; afternoon game drive back to
Day 7: Transfer to our riverside camp.
Day 8: Transfer to Lusaka; end.
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 7 lunches and 7 dinners
- All transport and listed activities
- Tour leader throughout
- 4 nights semi-participatory camping with either limited or no facilities, 3 nights camping in tented camp with shared facilities
- Travel by open canoes on the
- No previous experience necessary
- Any international flights to/from Lusaka are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this The Zambezi Valley tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 93+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this The Zambezi Valley tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
The Zambezi Valley tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Zambezi Valley tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.