- Local culture
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 1 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit Luang Prabang's morning market
- Tour the former king's palace and Wat Mai
- Enjoy a local lunch. Travel in temperature controlled minivan
Next, step into the serene calm of one of the city’s most elaborate monasteries, Wat Mai, and then to the former king's palace, where you’ll discover the history and present life of Luang Prabang. From there, we will head to the ancient Wat Xieng Thong Temple, which features a spectacular low sweeping roof. This temple is Luang Prabang’s most distinctive and recognized monastery.
After lunch we'll visit either the Unexploded Ordnance Museum (UXO Museum) Visitor's Centre*, which documents the devastation that Laos suffered during the Second Indochina War, or peruse local crafts at Ock Pop Tok, which brings the fascinating world of traditional Lao handicrafts alive for guests. After that, we’ll explore the 16th century Wat Visoun Temple, known for its enormous stupa and its collection of old gilded Buddhas.
We'll finish the day visiting the Traditional Art and Ethnology Centre (TAEC)**, the only independent resource center in Laos dedicated to the country's many and diverse ethnic groups.
*The Unexploded Ordnance Museum (UXO Museum) is closed on Saturday & Sunday.
**The Traditional Arts and Ethnology Centre is closed on Monday.
- English speaking guides with license
- Transportation during the tour
- Lunch & drinking water
- Entrance fees & local permissions
- Specialty drinks
- Tips for your guide
- Pickup from and drop-off to your hotel
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationComfortable footwear is advised. This tour includes visits to temples which requires travelers to dress modestly (all people need to cover their knees and shoulders of all people).