- duration 3.5 hours
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 8
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Hike close to the Arenal Volcano, walk on the trails of petrified lava
- See incredible views of Lake Arenal and the volcano from an observation point
- Explore the rainforest at the foot of the Arenal Volcano
- Learn more about the history, geological formation and cycles of the volcano
At the observation point, your guide will provide interesting information regarding the volcano, its periods of activities and the details of its major eruption in 1968. Enjoy the opportunity to see the incredible views of the Arenal Volcano and Arenal Lake from the observation point. Start your downhill journey. Follow the same trail all the way to the starting point.
Head for the regenerating forest and a small patch of primary rainforest at the base of the Arenal Volcano during the next stage of your hike. This trail is about 1.5km in length and, with a little luck, you will have the opportunity to discover a large variety of flora and fauna, including toucans, wild turkeys, orioles, wild boars, snakes and monkeys.
After the three and a half hour trip is over, your driver will be waiting for you with a delicious snack of tropical fruits before returning you to your hotel in La Fortuna to enjoy the remainder of your stay.
Speaking of hikes, it is important to be aware that this tour is somewhat physically demanding. There are no extreme parts, just some strenuous walking over very uneven ground, but I think the tour description could do a better job of emphasizing the challenge. At the same time, the tour is extremely convenient in terms of picking you up and dropping you off at your desired location, whether a hotel, hot springs, or somewhere else. Overall, I strongly recommend the Arenal Volcano trip to anyone who is into volcanoes and wildlife and plans to visit the Arenal area.”
- Transportation from & to your hotel in comfortable minivans with air conditioning and Wi-Fi
- Reserve entrance
- Bilingual guide
- Bottled mineral water
- Snacks and insurance policies
- Tips, souvenirs
- Anything not included in the 'What's Included' section
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationPrice per person (USD) Price for children limited to those between 8 to 11 years of age Minimum age: 8 yrs Children must be accompanied by an adult 2 adult minimum required to operate the tour A good physical condition is required Moderate hike, not recommended for children or senior citizens Tour operated in English and Spanish (bilingual) Vegetarian options available, please request at the time of reservation Transportation included from the majority of hotels. If your hotel is located far from La Fortuna or the main road to the Arenal Volcano, please inquire about extra charges The times are approximate. The exact time of the trip will be provided when your reservation is confirmed