- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 10+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Wind down in picturesque Dali. Get to know the Naxi and Bai people
- Mingle with Tibetan pilgrims in Ganden Sumtseling Monastery
- Hike through one of Asia's finest geological wonders: Tiger Leaping Gorge
- Cycle past scenic karst formations in Yangshuo
Starting from Kunming, this southwestern China trip will take you to Dali, Lijiang, and Yangshuo before coming to an end in Hong Kong.
See the highlights of the destinations you travel to during this tour. Saunter around Dali's ancient town with your team leader and enjoy the sights of the ornate Bai architecture in Xizhou. Enjoy a hiking trip to the magnificent Tiger Leaping Gorge, one of the deepest and most spectacular gorges in the world, in Qiaotou and take a trip to the beautiful Shangri-La City. Cycle amid paddy fields and around limestone karsts in Yangshuo and spend a night in the vibrant Hong Kong.
Along with natural and cultural highlights, this tour also offers you the chance to learn more about the people who inhabit this part of the world. In Lijiang, you will see the Naxi people, a matrilineal society descended from Tibetan nomads, while a trip to the Sumtseling Monastery is the perfect opportunity to delve into Tibetan Buddhism.
To see the group departure dates, please click on the green "Check Availability" button on the top right of this page. However, we also offer private tour options to our travelers. While group tours can be booked for fixed departures, travelers get to choose their own start date when it comes to private tours. Please note that we can accommodate anywhere between one to twenty travelers in our private tours.
To send us an inquiry, please click on the white "Make An Enquiry" button on the top right of this tour page and leave us a message. Scroll down to go through the itinerary.
Day 1: Arrive in Kunming
Day 2: Kunming – Dali
Day 3: Dali – Xizhou – Dali
Day 4: Dali – Lijiang
Day 5: Lijiang – Tiger Leaping Gorge
Day 6: Tiger Leaping Gorge
Day 7: Tiger Leaping Gorge – Shangri-La
Day 8: Shangri-La
Day 9: Shangri-La to Kunming & transfer to Yangshuo via Guilin
Day 10: Yangshuo
Day 11: Yangshuo stay continues
Day 12: Yangshuo to Hong Kong
Day 13: Hong Kong (Departure Day)
- Meals: 10 breakfasts
- Twin-room accommodation: Hotel (8 nights) & guest houses (4 nights)
- English-speaking tour guides in each destination, except on the trains and the final day of the tour
- All transportation during the tour is included as per the itinerary except for pickup and drop-off on the first and the last day of the tour
- Shangri-La - Kunming domestic flight (including airport tax)
- Dali - Lijiang train tickets (soft seat)
- Second class tickets of Kunming - Dali, Kunming - Guilin & Guilin - Hong Kong high-speed train
- Private bus and entrance tickets for excursions in Xizhou
- Protection fees of Dali's old town & Lijiang
- Tiger Leaping Gorge visit
- Visit to Ganden Sumtseling Monastry in Shangri-La
- Cycling tour in Yangshuo
- All domestic & international flights
- China visa fees
- Arrival transfer on Day1 and departure transfer on Day13
- All lunch & dinner
- A single supplement is compulsory for solo travelers and not included in the tour price
- Activities and excursions mentioned optional on the itinerary and entrance tickets for the same
- Tips to drivers and tour guides
- Expenses that are personal in nature, like phone calls and laundry
- Travel insurance
- Save US$ 52+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationPlease note that the Tiger Leaping Gorge area is subject to dramatic changes in weather. Even if we schedule departures for stable seasons, it is still possible that conditions may make travelling through the gorge dangerous. We request you to go through the last paragraph of the Day 5 & Day 6 itinerary. If the flight schedule changes on Day 9 of this trip, you will spend one night in Kunming.