- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 15
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Enjoy panoramic views on the summit of Uhuru Peak (5895m)
- Be mesmerised by the sunrise over the Kenyan plains at Gilman's Point (5681m)
- Trek to Mawenzi Tarn (4330m) situated in a cirque beneath the spires of Mawenzi
- Journey to Second Cave (3450m) with superb views of Kibo
Summit Africa's highest mountain via the scenic Rongai Route. The sight of the permanent snow capped peak of Mt Kilimanjaro (5895m), fondly known as Kili, provides a constant source of inspiration when viewed from the vast plains. It is also a natural focus for any fit trekker keen to summit the highest peak in Africa. While the ascent does not require any technical climbing, the trails are demanding and a sound level of fitness and an ability to acclimatise are essential prerequisites before attempting the summit. The Rongai Route begins in attractive farmland and delightful forest, with the opportunity for viewing black and white colobus monkey, and passes through several different climate zones, adding considerably to the interest of the trek while at the same time ensuring maximum acclimatisation. This route retains a sense of unspoilt wilderness and offers a different perspective on Kilimanjaro by approaching it from the north. From the alluring summit of Uhuru Peak (5895m), we will have amazing 360 degree views of the surrounding plains.
Day 1 : Join Marangu
Day 2 : Commence climb (2600m, 3-4 hrs)
Day 3 : Kikelewa Caves (3600m, 4-5 hrs)
Day 4 : Mawenzi Tarn (4330m, 3-4 hrs)
Day 5 : Walk to Kibo (4700m, 5-6 hrs)
Day 6 : Summit (5895m) and descend to Horombo Hut 11-15hrs
Day 7 : Descend to Marangu (approx 5-6 hours)
Day 8 : In Marangu, trip concludes
- 2 nights in 3 star hotel in Marangu on a twinshare basis
- 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 7 dinners
- Experienced local mountain guides, cook and camp crew
- 5 nights fully supported camping on a twinshare tent basis
- Group camping equipment including tent (sleeping bag and mat not included - can be hired locally)
- Park entrance fees valued at US$826
- Emergency oxygen
- Christmas and New Year supplement (please ask our staff for details of this small peak season surcharge)
- International flights
- Arrival or departure airport transfers if not taking the complimentary transfer to/from the airport
- Sleeping bags and mats
- Kit bag/hiking pack/soft duffle bag to store your main luggage that is carried by porters
- Aerated and alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc.
- Airport and departure taxes.
- Travel Insurance
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 150 today.
- Earn US$ 99+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Kilimanjaro - Rongai Route tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 29 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 29 December 2021, a deposit of 1500 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Kilimanjaro - Rongai Route tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kilimanjaro - Rongai Route tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.