- duration 21 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 18-99 yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-16355
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Hike the colourful sandstone canyons and swim in natural pools in Isalo National Park
- Traverse the limestone pinnacles of Tsingy de Bemaraha
- Search for lemurs in Ranomafana Nature Reserve and Kirindy Forest
- Trek amongst the granite peaks and valleys of Andringitra National Park
- Enjoy the magnificent sunset colours at the Baobabs Alley
- Canoe and beach camping along the Manambolo River
- Show more
A complete exploration of the enigmatic island 'continent' of Madagascar. Discover the diverse wildlife and ecology of Madagascar on this unique multi-activity tour. Madagascar is the world’s fourth largest island and about the size of France. Isolated from Africa millions of years ago it has evolved an incredibly rich ecology and landscape that is as bizarre as it is unique. Home to one of the richest ecosystems on earth, you will be in awe of its quirky lemurs and endemic varieties of Baobab trees. Madagascar is "home" to nearly one-quarter of all the flowering plants in Africa. It also boasts ninety percent of the known species of lemur and half the world's population of chameleons. Marvel at the diverse landscapes, from lush tropical rainforest to semi arid and jagged limestone pinnacles. The local people, who are descendants of seafarers from the Indian Ocean, are proudly distinct from the peoples of continental Africa and are unfailingly polite and hospitable. We explore the spectacular collection of the island’s national parks on this itinerary including the UNESCO World Heritage site of Tsingy de Bemaraha.
Day 1 : Arrival in Antananarivo
Day 2 : Antananarivo to Tsiroanomandidy (approx 220 kms, 4hrs)
Day 3 : Drive to the Bongolava Massif via Belobaka (approx 120 kms, 6-7 hrs)
Day 4 : Trekking to Ankavandra and begin the descent of the Manambolo River (walk approx 3 hrs)
Day 5-6 : Canoeing Manambolo River
Day 7 : Canoeing Manambolo Gorge, Bekopaka
Day 8 : Tsingy of Bemaraha
Day 9 : Bekopaka to Kirindy Forest (approx 120 kms, 6 hrs)
Day 10 : Kirindy Forest to Morondava (walk approx 2 hrs; drive 80 kms - approx 2 hrs)
Day 11 : Morondava to Antsirabe (approx 530 kms, 10 hrs)
Day 12 : Antsirabe to Ranomafana (approx 250 kms, 6 hrs)
Day 13 : Ranomafana National Park, transfer to campsite outside Andringitra National Park
Day 14 : Ranomafana to Andringitra (approx 200 kms, 6 hrs)
Day 15-16 : Andringitra National Park
Day 17 : Andringitra to Isalo National Park (approx 225 kms, 7 hrs)
Day 18 : Walking in Isalo National Park (walk approx 5 - 6 hrs)
Day 19 : Isalo to Toliara (approx 240 kms, 4 hrs)
Day 20 : Fly from Toliara to Antananarivo
Day 21 : In Antananarivo, trip concludes
- 9 nights in 2 star hotels on a twinshare basis
- 20 breakfasts, 18 lunches and 18 dinners
- Airport transfers (day 1 and 21 only)
- English speaking local guide (or driver-guide only for groups of 2-4 people)
- Private vehicle transport throughout
- Porters and cook/camp crew for trek in Bongalava
- Canoe assistants and cook/camp crew on Manambolo River
- Local guide in Isalo, Tsingy, Andringitra, Ranomafana National Parks
- 11 nights fully supported camping on a twinshare tent basis
- Group camping equipment including tent and sleeping mat (sleeping bag and pillow not included)
- Permits and entry fees as listed in itinerary
- Tourist taxes
- Internal flight Toliara/Antananarivo is NOT included
- International flights and airport taxes
- Arrival and departure transfers if not arriving/ departing on Days 1 & 21
- Sleeping bag
- Bottled water, aerated and alcoholic drinks.
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc.
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Save US$ 200 today.
- Earn US$ 133+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Madagascar Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 72 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 71 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 07 December 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 07 December 2023, a deposit of 304 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 71 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Madagascar Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Madagascar Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Rigorous hygiene safety measures will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Guides are trained in our COVID-19 response plan that has been developed in line with state government medical provisions.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated atleast 14 days prior to departure.