We start with a classic route, but less visited, to Everest Base Camp on the Khumbu glacier. The view point of Kala Pathar (5,554m) is our first ascent that rewards us with a fantastic panoramic view of the majestic Everest and its neighbouring peaks of Ama Dablam, Mt. Makalu, Mt. Nuptse, and Mt. Lhotse.
Throughout this trek the landscapes are constantly changing. Each new landscape an experience will leave a memorable impression of the mountain wilderness you are amidst.
After having visited the viewpoint of Kala Patthar and Everest Base Camp the trail then crosses the over Cho La Pass having an altitude of 5,330m. The crossing of Cho La Pass while challenging is a great experience and once again you will feel a great sense of achievement when crossing it.
Cho La Pass makes us reach the valley of Gokyo with its sacred emerald green lakes, created by glaciated water. The village of Gokyo is a perfect spot for relaxation and great views. After having stayed there one night we will make an excursion to the 360º view point of Gokyo Ri located at an altitude of 5,360m. Gokyo Ri is considered one of the best view points in the Himalayas where you will be surrounded by four of the fourteen + eight-thousander meter mountains in the world, namely: Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Makalu and Mt. Cho Oyu.
The descent back to Lukla takes on a different atmosphere as we walk through a valley passing through patches of birch and rhododendron forests where the elusive musk deer are lurking.
This is a fantastic trek and you will be accompanied by a fantastic team.
Day 2: Fly to Lukla
Day 3: Trek Namche Bazaar
Day 4: Exploration Day
Day 5: Trek to Deboche
Day 6: Trek to Dingboche
Day 7: Exploration Day
Day 8: Trek to Labuche
Day 9: Everest Base Camp
Day 10: Trek to Zongla
Day 11: Trek to Thagnag
Day 12: Trek to Gokyo
Day 13: Trek to Dole
Day 14: Trek to Khumjung
Day 15: Trek to Phakding
Day 16: Trek to Lukla
Day 17: Fly to Kathmandu
- Professional and English speaking mountain guide and support team for luggage, including assistant guides, pending the final group size.
- Flight between Kathmandu and Lukla
- Airport pick up and drop-off (when arriving to and departing from Nepal)
- All necessary trekking permits and entry fees required for the trek
- 3 meals a day while trekking (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) Accommodation while trekking on a twin sharing basis in Guesthouses and mountain lodges
- Treated water during the trek
- Insurance and wages for the Nepali staff
- First Aid Kit
- Trek Nepal T-shirt
- 13% VAT
- Accommodation and Meals in Kathmandu
- Travel insurance
- Personal trekking gear
- Drinks and beverages
- Laundry fees, hot shower, hot water, charging batteries and mobile, including other personal expenses
- Tips for the trekking/climbing crew.