The Gokyo valley trek offers spectacular views of snow covered mountains, rocky mountains, forests of rhododendron flowers and pine trees, as well as glaciers and culturally rich villages. At the same time, the hike up Gokyo Ri (5,300 m) offers, without hesitation, some of the best views of Mount Everest and other majestic peaks, as well as Himalayas largest glacier.
The trek to Gokyo valley offers a once in a lifetime opportunity to experience the culture and stunning beauty of the Himalayas. It all starts with a scenic flight from Kathmandu to Lukla airport in the Everest region. On day 2 you will be walking through the bustling village of Namche bazar, which is also known as the capital of the Everest region.
After Namche bazar, the trail leads leftwards into the valley towards Gokyo valley via Mongla la danda, which offers spectacular views of mountains along the way. The trail continues to Dole through a forest of pine trees and rhododendron flowers.
All in all, this will is a great trek, and in our humble view, one of the best in the Himalayas.
Special Notice: Due to unpredictable weather conditions in the Himalayas there may be unforeseen schedule changes with domestic flights to Lukla and from Lukla. The flights may be delayed for several hours or pushed back by a day or more, depending on the circumstances. Although this is rare, it can happen even during the best trekking seasons. Therefore, we strongly suggest that you plan for this by allowing for an extra day or two in Nepal after your trek. This will help ensure that you have some flexibility with regards to your trek. On the other hand, if everything goes according to plan, you will have time to enjoy other activities such as rafting, wildlife viewing, shopping, or just relaxing after your adventure.
Day 02: Trek to Namche Bazzar. (3440m/11,283ft), 5-6 hrs walk
Day 03: Acclimatize day
Day 04: Trek to Dole. (4,200m/13,779ft)
Day 05: Trek to Machherma. (4,470m/14,665), 5-6 hrs walk
Day 06: Trek to Gokyo (4,790m/15,715ft), 4 hrs walk
Day 07: Explore day
Day 08: Trek to Dole (4,200m/13,779ft), 4-5 hrs walk
Day 09: Trek to Khumjung (3,580m/11,780ft), 5-6 hrs walk
Day 10: Trek to Monju (2,850m/9,348ft), 6-7 hrs walk
Day 11: Trek to Lukla(2,652m/8,700ft) 4-5 hrs walk
Day 12: Fly to Kathmandu (1,300m/4,264 ft)
- Welcome dinner and farewell dinner at one of the best Nepalese restaurant with traditional ethnic music and dance
- Sagarmatha national park permits and Tims permits
- Flight tickets to Lukla and return
- All meals during the trek (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner)
- Gov. licensed and well trained English speaking guide and his entire expenses
- Insurance of Guide
- All required local tax and Gov tax
- Down jackets and sleeping bags
- Trekking route Map
- Official T-Shirt
- Medical Kit Box for the group only
- Nepal arrival visa
- Meals in the city except breakfast and above mentioned special dinner
- Your persona expenses eg. Mineral water, Beer, Coke and entire beverage etc
- Travel insurance that covers trip cancelation and Helicopter evacuation
- Tips for guides and porters