Along with the magnificent views of four of the world’s eight highest peaks; Cho Oyu (8,201m), Mt. Makalu (8,463m), Mt. Lhotse (8,516m) and Mt. Everest (8848m), you will also encounter Gokyo Ri, Kala Patthar and the Everest base camp - 3 other big highlights of this trip.
This trek isn’t just about the mountain sceneries but is also about the most popular Sherpa people (their picturesque villages, rich culture, a variety of traditions, colorful festivals, pure religion, and exceptional lifestyle) residing in the lap of the Himalayas. The trail also offers extinct species of plants, animals and birds.
Overall, this trek can be taken as a great fusion of fantastic scenery, challenging trek, off-the-beaten tracks and exclusive Sherpa cultures.
Due to obstructive weather conditions (even during the best trekking seasons), sometimes they may announce sudden changes regarding the previously provided domestic flight schedule to and from Lukla. The plane many be delayed for few hours or even few following days. This entirely depends upon the weather condition. In order to cope with this situation, AME Treks, kindly requests all the trekkers to add a few extra days to your plan. Nevertheless, if everything goes well, we can also make arrangements for you to enjoy other attractions like bungee jumping, jungle safari, rafting, shopping and so on.
Furthermore, trekker’s safety is always the top priority in any trek. Therefore, the team leader on duty is given every authority to make changes in the itinerary provided in case of unexpected weather change, the unsuitable health condition of a group member or an unforeseen natural disaster. If needed, team leader might also cancel any part of the itinerary. Hence, in such a situation we request you to co-operate with our team leader and remain flexible.
Day 02: Trek to Namche Bazzar (3440m/11,283ft)
Day 03: Explore day
Day 04: Trek to Thame (3,800m/12,467ft)
Day 05: Trek to Lumde (4,380m/14,370ft)
Day 06: Trek to Gokya via Renjo la (4,790m/15,715ft)
Day 07: Trek to Thaknak (4,700m/15,419ft)
Day 08: Trek to Zungla via Chola pass (4,620m/15,157ft)
Day 09: Trek to Gorekshep (5,140m/16,863ft)
Day 10: Visit Everest Base camp (5,364m/17,598ft)
Day 11: Hike to Kalapatthar and Trek to Lobuche (4,910m/16,108ft)
Day 12: Trek to Chukung (4,730m/15,510ft)
Day 13: Trek to Tengboche (3,860m/12,664ft)
Day 14: Trek to Namche Bazzar (3440m/11,283ft)
Day 15: Trek to Lukla (2,840m/9,317ft)
Day 16: Fly to Kathmandu (1,300m/4,264 ft)
- Welcome dinner and farewell dinner at one of the best Nepalese restaurant with traditional ethnic music and dance
- All necessary trekking permits
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu flight tickets
- All meals during the trek (Lunch/Dinner/Breakfast)
- Three times drinks a day (Tea/Coffee served in a cup)
- Gov. licensed and well trained English speaking guide and his entire expenses
- Insurance of Guide
- All required local tax and Gov tax
- Down jackets and sleeping bags
- Trekking route Map
- Medical Kit Box
- Nepal arrival visa
- Meals in Kathmandu, except for the special dinner
- Your personal expenses, eg. Mineral water, Beer, Coke and entire beverage etc
- Travel insurance that covers trip cancelation and Helicopter evacuation
- Tips for guides and porters