- National parks
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- duration 8 hours
- tour type Private
- age requirement 8+ years old
- max group size 20
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Hike to Laguna Churup, see its turquoise waters
- See the mountains of the Cordillera Blanca Range
- A great acclimatization hike for trekkers in Peru
Join us on a 1-day hike to one of the most beautiful mountain lakes of Peru. We will pick you up form your hotel in Huaraz between 06:30 to 07:00 in the morning. Take the road that goes to Pitec. Reach the check point of Huscaran National Park, the starting point of the hike. Follow an uphill, zigzag trail from that point all the way to Laguna Churup. The hike will take you approximately 2 - 3 hours.
The hike to Laguna Churup is popular among travelers, not just among those wanting to see the lake but also among those wanting to acclimatize before a longer trek in Peru. But even if the lake is close to Huaraz, it is not so easy to reach. However, we have ensured that you can walk at your own pace and rest when you need to. You also have the option of camping on the shore of the lake.
Reach Laguna Churup, located at the elevation of 4450m. Take plenty of time to relax and explore the surrounding areas. Take pictures and start your journey downhill along the same route. It will take you approximately 2 hours to reach Pitec, from where you will drive to Huaraz.
Price per person:
S/ 129.00 per person.
8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Shared transport, expert guide and pickup at the hotel (just the city area).
Lunch nor entrance ticket of 1 day to the Huacarán National Park per person (S/. 30 international visitors; S/. 11 Peruvians; S/. 5 children).
What to bring:
Warm clothing, waterproof clothing, trekking shoes, hat to protect against the sun, sunglasses, sunscreen, snack, water, 40-liter backpack forthe whole circuit and trek poles.
Not allowed for people with problems related to the altitude.
Good physical condition.
Subject to weather conditions.
Minimum of passengers:
departure from 2 passengers.
Cancellation and rescheduling policy :
Let's see another side of the Cordillera Blanca with this Churup Lake trek, which will take us through the typical vegetation of the Andes and the landscapes as a background, with mountains higher than 5000 m.
We will go to the east of the city of Huaraz.
The route will take us to some towns before reaching Pitec, where the trek begins.
There we will be able to see the Andes' own vegetation and views of the Huamashraju, Cashan and Churup mountains, besides the Cordillera Negra.
Along the route, we will see the mountain melting that form rivers and waterfalls.
After 3 minutes of trek, we will arrive at the Churup Lagoon, at 4,480 m high.
In that place we will make a 1 hour pause to eat and take photographs.
Then, we will return to the bus to go back to Huaraz.
- Private transport to and from Huaraz
- Trekking guide
- Entrance fees to Huascaran National Park
- Hotel pick up
- First aid kit and oxygen (if necessary)
- English speaking guide
- Private taxi (round trip)
- International and domestic flights
- Airport transfers
- Exit tax at the airport in Lima
- Travel and health insurance
- Luggage insurance and trip cancellation
- Meals in restaurants in Lima and Huaraz
- Pick up at the airport in Lima to your hotel
- Accommodation in Lima and Huaraz
- Personal expenses and equipment
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationPlease bring these along with you for the hike: 1. Hats with earflaps 2. Good, waterproof hiking shoes 3. Sunscreen 4. Sunglasses 5. Camera 6. Water bottle (2 litres)