- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Cycle among the limestone karsts in the Viñales Valley
- Sightsee in the World Heritage sites of vibrant Havana & colonial Trinidad
- Explore Cuba’s countryside by bike
- Visit Che Guevara’s Mausoleum in Santa Clara
A cycling adventure that captures the real Cuba. Cuba is a Caribbean gem that is ideally suited to cycle touring and our local guides lose little time in introducing us to their favourite haunts and hideaways in a country with such contrast. After exploring the cobbled squares and narrow alleyways of the music filled capital Havana, we set off to explore the lesser known regions of Cuba at handlebar level. We pedal into the rural heartland, averaging 50 to 60 km each day through an ever changing landscape. From misty valleys to open woodland, to the caves and crags that characterise the Vinales Valley and the equally impressive coastline, Cuba has it all. Our final days are spent in the beautifully preserved town of Trinidad, with its colonial Spanish architecture together with excellent walking in the rugged Topes de Collantes forest region. As a fine finale we return to Havana via Santa Clara, the city that is forever associated with the name Che Guevara.
Day 1 : Arrive Havana
Day 2 : Havana city tour by bike
Day 3 : Cycle to Pinar del Rio and Las Terrazas
Day 4 : Cycling in the Viñales Valley
Day 5 : Boat to Cayo Levisa, continue to Soroa
Day 6 : In the Viñales Valley, to Las Terrazas
Day 7 : Cycle in Soroa, to Playa Larga
Day 8 : To Cienfuegos, Bay of Pigs 45km cycle to Caleta Buena
Day 9 : Cienfuegos to Trinidad (50km ride)
Day 10 : Day trip to Topes de Collantes
Day 11 : Trinidad – Santa Clara – Havana
Day 12 : Trip concludes in Havana
- Comfortable hotel or casas particulares accommodation
- 11 breakfasts, 10 lunches and 11 dinners
- Support vehicle while cycling on all roads
- Private vehicles throughout
- Bike hire
- Sightseeing and entry fees as listed in itinerary
- Arrival and departure airport transfers
- Tips for tour staff
- Cycling gear (helmets are mandatory)
- Most beverages
- Items of a personal nature
- International airfares and departure taxes
- Travel insurance
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 144 today.
- Earn US$ 96+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cuba by Bike tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Cuba by Bike tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cuba by Bike tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.