- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 15+ years old
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Lan Ha Bay is a beautiful enclave of green waters and strange rock formations. Explore them by boat and kayak, then spend the night on nearby Cat Ba Island.
- Take a walking tour through the Old Town of Hoi An, where the city looks exactly like it did over a century ago.
- With all of this exploring, you deserve some time to relax. Spend two days in the beachside haven of Phan Rang – swimming, snorkelling and chilling out is all on the cards.
- This trip gives you plenty of free time – perfect for the traveller who appreciates a bit of independence. Food crawl in Hue? Beach hopping in Phan Rang? You decide!
Get a taste of adventure in Vietnam on an 11-day experience bought to you by Lonely Planet and Intrepid. This escapade from north to south takes you from French-influenced Hanoi to heaving Ho Chi Minh City on a journey that balances local guidance with freedom to explore independently. Discover the countryside around Hue by bicycle, kayak between limestone karsts off the coast of Cat Ba Island and chill out in seaside Phan Rang. Let an expert local leader show you around this vivacious nation so you can see the real Vietnam.
Cat Ba Island
Hanoi – Overnight Train
Hoi An – Overnight Train
Phan Rang – Overnight Train
Ho Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh City
- Hotel (7 nights), Overnight sleeper train (3 nights)
- 1 Lunch
- Boat , Overnight sleeper train , Private minibus
- An expert tour leader
- Cat Ba Island - Kayaking
- Cat Ba Island - Boat trip on Lan Ha Bay
- Cat Ba Island - Lan Ha Bay Lunch
- Hoi An - Old Town walking tour
- Ho Chi Minh City - Orientation Walk
- Any international flights to Hanoi and from Ho Chi Minh City are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Explore Vietnam tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 31+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Explore Vietnam tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 11 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 11 February 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Explore Vietnam tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Explore Vietnam tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Some travellers find the pace of this trip quite fast as we are covering a lot of destinations in a short amount of time. If you would like a more relaxed pace with more time to explore, you might like to consider a longer trip (see trip code TVRN on our website) or adding additional days in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City before or after your Lonely Planet Experience.
- Accommodation and amenities are shared and basic, but the experience of rubbing shoulders with the locals makes it all worthwhile.
- Don’t let the heat keep you from exploring the world! Depending on where you come from, the weather in Vietnam might be hotter and more humid than what you are used to. We recommend checking our guide so you know what temperatures to expect: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/vietnam/weather-in-vietnam
- You may also want to check out our Vietnam and Cambodia Explorer (TVRKC) if you have longer time to explore in region. https://www.intrepidtravel.com/vietnam/vietnam-cambodia-explorer-125486
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Finish point description
Joining point description