- Walking tour
- National parks
- duration 16 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Explore the Perito Moreno Glacier
- Travel to the remote village of El Chalten
- Visit Torres del Paine National Park
- Discover Tierra del Fuego National Park
Visit El Chalten, the famed Argentine capital of trekking, located at the foot of Fitz Roy Mountain and surrounded by glaciers, lakes, rivers and forests. Enjoy a full-day excursion of Torres del Paine National Park, located amidst soaring cliffs, blue icebergs and golden pampas rich in wildlife.
Explore the Perito Moreno Glacier, one of the major tourist attractions of the region and one of the few glaciers in the world that is advancing even as most glaciers in the world are shrinking in size. Named after the explorer Francisco Moreno, the glacier is fed by the Southern Patagonian Ice Field, which is part of the Andes system.
Cross the Strait of Magellan and keep driving south until you finally reach Ushuaia, the southernmost city in the world. Savour the natural beauty of Patagonia like never before in this 16-day tour.
I identified Say Hueque from an internet search for Patagonia Tours. I then read some of the positive ratings from other travelers. I decided to book through Say Hueque because of a) positive reviews from other travellers; b) the itinerary that you offered suited what I wanted; and c) I liked the idea of being reasonably independent and not having too much organised or being part of a week long tour.
There were probably a number of highlights. In terms of the actual arrangements, the ease of having most of my travel and hotel bookings completed without having to concern myself with them was a highlight. In terms of the actual trip, I really enjoyed the hiking at El Chalten and the one day that I hiked to Mt Fitz Roy was the highlight for me.
The hotel in El Calafate (Kau Yatun) was the best one of the trip. Very comfortable, good service, good restaurant and nice location.
As mentioned above, it was not an excursion, but the hiking in El Chalten was my favourite. However, at El Calafate, I booked an additional excursion to Estancia Christina on my one free day, and that excursion was great.The guides were all good. I think the guide from El Calafate who did the Perito Moreno glacier tour - I think her name was Danielle - was great, very friendly, helpful and professional.”
Given that we did not want to be part of a larger tour group (12-16 people), this approach worked best for us. The booking staff (Lucia and Yuna) and our in-country hostess (Ursula) were all available prior to and during our trip, which made this "bucket-list" 18-day vacation very easy for us at a more-than-competitive cost.
We would recommend Say Hueque to anyone (and already have).”
Thank you for the email. I have already reviewed Say Hueque on trip advisor on the general site, will add comments to the forum too.
I first learned about Say Hueque from the Internet - reviews and trip advisor.
I decided to travel with you because of your promptness in response, ease of working, good customer service and a good price. Seamless experience - everything was flawless and we did not have to worry.
My favorite hotel is Don Los Cerros at El Chalten - very nice hotel, luxurious, superb location and views, spa - hot tub, good service.
The best excursion was to Laguna De los tres - amazing trek up - difficult but exhilarating - worth the effort once we reached the top.
The trip was fabulous!”
Day 1: El Calafate – El Chalten
Day 2: A self-guided hike in El Chalten
Day 3: El Chalten
Day 4: El Chalten: Hiking in Chalten, a spectacular experience
Day 5: El Chalten – El Calafate
Day 6: El Calafate: Perito Moreno Glacier Tour
Day 7: El Calafate
Day 8: Torres del Paine tour – travel to Chile
Day 9: Base of the Torres del Paine
Day 10: Trek to the French Valley
Day 11: Grey Glacier – Puerto Natales
Day 12: Puerto Natales – Punta Arenas
Day 13: Ushuaia: The City at the End of the World
Day 14: Tierra del Fuego National Park
Day 15: Cruise along the Beagle Channel
Day 16: Ushuaia
- All transfers mentioned, including airport pickups and drop offs
- Hotel accommodation for 12 nights and 3 nights of camping
- Round trip bus service: El Calafate to El Chalten and back
- One way bus service: Puerto Natales to Punta Arenas
- One way bus service: Punta Arenas to Ushuaia
- International or domestic flights
- National park entrance fees
- Guided hiking in El Chalten: most trails are clearly marked and well-maintained. However, if you'd prefer to be accompanied by a local guide, let us know beforehand
- Travel / medical insurance
- Earn US$ 107+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationPassport, Visa and Vaccinations It is the responsibility of the client to be in possession of a valid passport, visa permits, inoculations and preventive medicines as may be required for the duration of the tour. Information about these matters or related items is given in good faith but without responsibility on the part of Say Hueque. COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Group tours will be reduced to smaller sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.