- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 4 days
- tour type Group Tour
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Challenge yourself with the Salkantay trek
- Travel to the Inca site of Llactapata
- Explore the incredible Machu Picchu
- Follow the footsteps of Hiram Bingham, who rediscovered Machu Picchu
Cross the Salkantay Pass (4650m). Enjoy the serene beauty of Humantay Lake (4200). And visit some of the most important Inca sites in Peru, including the majestic Machu Picchu. If you are planning for a trekking trip in Peru along with a visit to Machu Picchu and you want to travel off the beaten path while appreciating the beautiful and diverse nature of Peru, then this trek is for you.
Day 1: Cusco - Mollepata – Challacancha – Soraypampa
Day 2: Soraypampa - Salkantay pass - Wayracpunku - Chaullay
Day 3: Chaullay - La Playa - Aguas Calientes
Day 4: Machu Picchu
- Experienced guides
- Personal accommodation in private campsites
- Camping equipment
- Entry ticket to Machu Picchu and other archeological site included on the itinerary
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes
- Morning tea
- Train tickets
- Medical kit
- Sleeping bags
- Walking sticks
- Breakfast on the first day and lunch and dinner on the last day
- Personal clothing and gear
- Travel Insurance
- Tips for our staff
- Save +US$ 21 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Excellent Customer Service. Our Travel Experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.The Salkantay trek is a great alternative to the Inca trail trek and better suited for more adventurous trekkers who are able to handle higher altitude and longer distances. An uphill trek to reach the famous Apacheta Pass at 4650m is not too strenuous, since it is at the beginning of the trek. But it does require stamina and a little time in Cusco to acclimatize to the altitude