- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit Machu Picchu to discover the incredible 'Lost City of the Incas'
- Historic Cuzco, former capital of the vast Inca empire
- Optional day walk on the Inca Trail, at no extra cost (please request at the time of booking)
- Seven nights on board a motor yacht in the Galapagos Islands
This fascinating trip combines two truly outstanding places in South America. Flying into the Peruvian highlands, we encounter Cuzco, a city replete with Inca architecture and colonial charm. A beautiful train ride through mountains and cloud forest takes us to the extraordinary lost city of Machu Picchu. Ecuador's Galapagos archipelago is one of the world's leading ecological sites, with incredible fauna both on land and at sea as well as striking volcanic landscapes. We explore the islands from the comfort of our small motor yacht, which grants us access to areas that larger boats cannot reach.
Day 1: Start Cuzco (3400m); afternoon walking tour.
Day 2: Free day in Cuzco; optional Sacred Valley tour.
Day 3: Train to Aguas Calientes; optional day walk along Inca Trail via Winay Wayna
Day 4: Early morning tour of Machu Picchu; afternoon return to Cuzco.
Day 5: Fly to Quito (2850m).
Day 6: Quito city tour.
Day 7: Fly to Galapagos; visit the Charles Darwin Centre; board boat.
Day 8: Galapagos cruise following itinerary A (Tower) or B (Fernandina) to discover
the unique wildlife of these volcanic islands.
Day 9: Galapagos Cruise
Day 10: Galapagos Cruise
Day 11: Galapagos Cruise
Day 12: Galapagos Cruise
Day 13: Galapagos Cruise
Day 14: Galapagos cruise ends; fly to Guayaquil; end Guayaquil.
- 6 nights en suite hotels, 7 nights on board a motor yacht in en suite, air-conditioned cabins , All accommodation
- Travel by flight, minibus, train and motor yacht
- All land/sea transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- Flights between Cuzco and Quito (if booking incl. flights)
- Return flights from Quito to the Galapagos
- Optional Inca Trail day walk: request on booking
- Group normally 2 to 16 plus local leader/staff. Min. age 16 yrs
- Spends time at altitude
- Tour leader in Peru and registered naturalist guide in the Galapagos
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Any international flights to Cusco and from Guayaquil are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Machu Picchu & Galapagos tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 280+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Machu Picchu & Galapagos tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 03 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 03 February 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Machu Picchu & Galapagos tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Machu Picchu & Galapagos tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.