- duration 20 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 7+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- See major natural and cultural highlights of Sri Lanka on this 20day tour
- Climb 200 metres to the top of the aweinspiring Sigiriya rock fortress
- Enjoy a catamaran ride in Sigiriya
- Visit the ancient city of Anuradhapura
Get the glimpse of Sri Lanka's history across millennia in Anuradhapura, and Sigiriya among other places and explore the modern cities of Kandy, Nanu Oya and Galle to understand the country's more-recent colonial past.
Along the way you can also choose to explore Sri Lanka's pristine national parks and get a chance to see herds of elephants in the wild. You'll also be able to see rescued baby elephants at Udawalwe’s Elephant Transit Home. Also learn the local way of life during a train ride from Kany to Nuwara Eliya and enjoy an intriguing crab-cooking session in Jaffna.
After experiencing the verdant hills and expansive tea plantation inland, end your trip soaking up some sun on the picturesque beaches of Kalutara.
Thank you for a wonderful trip. We already look forward to returning to Sri Lanka!”
Day 1: Negombo arrival
Day 2: Explore Negombo
Day 3: Around Anuradhapura
Day 4: The Buddhist way in Anuradhapura
Day 5: Anuradhapura –Jaffna through Mihintale
Day 6: Nagadeepa visit and crab-cooking session
Day 7: Jaffna – Trincomalee
Day 8: Free day in Trincomalee
Day 9: Sites around Sigiriya
Day 10: Catamaran ride in Sigiriya
Day 11: Visit Sigiriya or go for a wildlife safari trip
Day 12: Sigiriya – Kandy
Day 13: Free day in Kandy
Day 14: Kandy – Nuwara Eliya (local train)
Day 15: Explore Nuwara Eliya
Day 16: Nuwara Eliya – Udawalawe & elephant transit home visit
Day 17: Udawalawe – Kalutara
Day 18: Free day in Waskaduwa (Kalutara)
Day 19: Free day in Waskaduwa continues
Day 20: Waskaduwa departure
- Meals: 19 breakfast & 15 dinner
- Accommodation as per the itinerary
- Airport pickup and drop-off. All transport in an air-conditioned vehicle or as per the mode of transport mentioned on the itinerary
- All entrance fees to the monuments during sightseeing tours
- Professional, English-speaking tour guides
- 2 bottles of water per person per day
- Video and camera permits
- Anything mentioned optional on the itinerary
- Expenses that are personal in nature like laundry, phone calls, etc
- Early check-in & late check-out
- Save US$ 41+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationThe celebration of the Sinhala & Tamil New Year takes place every year on 13 and 14 April. In the period around these dates, it may be that you experience extra crowds in traffic and at places of interest. Also during the visit to the tea factory, it may be possible that no product presentation takes place and no tea pickers are present. During the journey, you will be accompanied by a local, Englishspeaking guide, who is present from day 1 to day 8 during the trips by transfer. You have the choice to book additional excursions in addition to the included excursions. All excursions can be booked for minimum of two persons and includes transfer. Tipping is not compulsory, but it is customary because many people working in the tourism industry depend on the tips they receive. If you are satisfied with your guide or driver, for example, then you can certainly tip at the end of your trip or excursion. Our advice during the trip is as follows: Chambermaids: EUR 1 per room per night Porters: EUR 1 per suitcase per person Chauffeurs: EUR 2 per person per day Guides: EUR 3 per person per day