- Skiing and Snowboarding
- duration 7 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 1+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Six Mountains in Seven Days
- A Day of Adventure in Queenstown
- All Abilities Catered For: Beginners to Advanced
If you’ve been looking for an epic guided snow tour in New Zealand, stop your search! Whether you’re new to the snow or an experienced snow hound, we have it all right here packaged up for you. Our expert guides will take you across the South Island's best ski towns: Christchurch, Lake Tekapo, Ohau, Wanaka and Queenstown.
Welcome to the best one-week guided ski and snowboard tour of the South Island! Our expert guides are ready to show you the best runs and powder stashes across six different mountains over seven days.
We’ve got everything organised: your transport and transfers to the mountains, your accommodation, lift passes, breakfast and even your entry to the hot pools in Tekapo are all included in this Christchurch to Queenstown snow package.
If you want to add on any extras like equipment hire or lessons, that’s easy! Just click the add-on options when you book the tour and we’ll sort it!
On this small group tour you’ll experience the best ski resorts in New Zealand. Venture to some ‘off-the-beaten-track’ ski areas of the South Island, New Zealand. Our expert snow guides are not only exceptional people, but also live, breathe and dream about snow – with over 100 seasons between them both here and abroad, you know you’re with the best!
While you’ll see a lot of snow on this safari, you’ll also see a great deal of the South Island’s main attractions! We’ve even scheduled one day in Queenstown as a non-ski day so you can book from our range of optional activities, or chill out and enjoy the Queenstown winter vibe.
Beginners – we love showing you the ropes (and the chair lifts, and the best beginner slopes) – this tour is suited to your needs, just add on a Snow lessons package and you’ll have a blast getting your confidence up, and be skiing South Island, New Zealand intermediate runs by the time we wrap up.
**Snow Safari Tour Tips:**
- As the tour starts early in the morning, you can opt to stay at our accommodation in Queenstown or Christchurch the night before the tour – only having to walk downstairs on the day the tour starts makes for a stress-free morning. Likewise, you can book an extra night of accommodation on the last day so that you are not in a rush once we go our separate ways.
- The tour price includes dorm share accommodation (4–6 share) but if you would prefer your own space you have the option to upgrade to a private room for the duration of your tour.
- Note that due to unforeseen weather/snow conditions, changes may need to be made to the itinerary. Luckily, our tour guides are super flexible pros, so they’ll make sure you have a good time no matter where the trip takes you.
- Like any Haka Tour we include everything you need for a stress free week - the full list is below, and we have packages to suit all skill levels. $99 deposit reserves your spot!
Day 1 Christchurch to Lake Tekapo | Mount Hutt
Day 2 Lake Tekapo to Wanaka | Ohau/Mt Dobson/Roundhill
Day 3 Wanaka | Treble Cone
Day 4 Wanaka to Queenstown | Cardrona
Day 5 Queenstown
Day 6 Queenstown | Coronet Peak
Day 7 Queenstown | The Remarkables
- 6 nights high-end hostel accommodation (dorm share as standard)
- All transport and mountain transfers
- Expert tour manager
- We provide everything you need for the ultimate, stress-free week on the snow in New Zealand:
- 6 x lift passes to 6 different mountains
- Small group of 16 passengers max
- Any international flights to Christchurch and from Queenstown are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this South Island Snow Safari tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 49+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this South Island Snow Safari tour. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 44 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 08 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 08 November 2021, a deposit of 70 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 44 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
South Island Snow Safari tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this South Island Snow Safari tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.