- Getaways and short breaks
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 3 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Journey into the countryside north of Chiang Mai on this short trip and experience the Golden Triangle, the infamous area where Thailand, Laos and Myanmar meet
- Discover rural village life with an overnight stay in Doi Mae Salong, a beautiful region up in the mountains where tea is grown and local hilltribe people come to sell their crafts in the town market
- No trip to Chiang Rai would be complete without a visit to the funky White Temple. Check out the startling modern design, and see where traditional Thai art and murals are broken up with pop culture references
Experience the serenity of northern Thailand while exploring the notorious Golden Triangle region. Beginning and ending in the charismatic city of Chiang Mai, the trip takes you to explore the Chiang Dao Caves before arriving at a charming town of Doi Mae Salong. The region is famous for its Chinese tea traders and you can enjoy a cup of tea in a traditional Chinese tea house overlooking the mountains. Then, make tracks to the Golden Triangle and stand on the confluence of the Mekong and Ruak rivers. Uncover facts and fables about the region’s chequered history, visit the Opium Hall. Enjoy bold landscapes and tuck into mouth-watering regional dishes, before ending the adventure soaking in the hot-springs of Mae Ka Chan. This short break covers many highlights of the less-frequented northern reaches of Thailand, making it a must-do for travellers who want to dig beneath the surface of this enthralling country.
Chiang Mai/Doi Mae Salong
Golden Triangle/Chiang Rai
- Hotel (2 nights)
- 2 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches
- Boat , Minibus
- An expert tour leader
- Chiang Dao Caves - Entrance and Free Time
- Golden Triangle - Opium Hall
- Golden Triangle - Khong River boat trip
- Wat Rong Kun (white temple)
- Mae Ka Chan hot springs
- Mae Ka Chan Hot Spring Egg Boiling
- Any international flights to/from Chiang Mai are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Chiang Mai & Golden Triangle tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 22+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Chiang Mai & Golden Triangle tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 16 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 16 November 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Chiang Mai & Golden Triangle tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Chiang Mai & Golden Triangle tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip will run with a minimum of one person, so you may be joined by other travellers booked on the same date as you, or you may be on your own.
- This trip starts early on Day 1 and finishes late on Day 3. Therefore we recommend you book pre and post accommodation in Chiang Mai in conjunction with this trip. Our sales team can assist with these extra nights.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description