- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 3 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 5+ years old
- Journey into the countryside north of Chiang Mai on this short trip and experience the Golden Triangle, the infamous area where Thailand, Laos and Myanmar meet
- Discover rural village life with an overnight stay in Doi Mae Salong, a beautiful region up in the mountains where tea is grown and local hilltribe people come to sell their crafts in the town market
- No trip to Chiang Rai would be complete without a visit to the funky White Temple. Check out the startling modern design, and see where traditional Thai art and murals are broken up with pop culture references
Experience the serenity of northern Thailand while exploring the notorious Golden Triangle region. Beginning and ending in the charismatic city of Chiang Mai, the trip takes you to explore the Chiang Dao Caves before arriving at a charming town of Doi Mae Salong. The region is famous for its Chinese tea traders and you can enjoy a cup of tea in a traditional Chinese tea house overlooking the mountains. Then, make tracks to the Golden Triangle and stand on the confluence of the Mekong and Ruak rivers. Uncover facts and fables about the region’s chequered history, visit the Opium Hall. Enjoy bold landscapes and tuck into mouth-watering regional dishes, before ending the adventure soaking in the hot-springs of Mae Ka Chan. This short break covers many highlights of the less-frequented northern reaches of Thailand, making it a must-do for travellers who want to dig beneath the surface of this enthralling country.
Chiang Mai/Doi Mae Salong
Golden Triangle/Chiang Rai
- Hotel (2 nights)
- 1 Breakfast, 2 Lunch
- Boat , Minibus
- Chiang Dao Caves
- Golden Triangle - Opium Hall
- Golden Triangle - Khong River boat trip
- Wat Rong Kun (white temple)
- Mae Ka Chan hot springs
- Mae Ka Chan Hot Spring Egg Boiling
- Any international flights to/from Chiang Mai are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Chiang Mai & Golden Triangle tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Intrepid Travel. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 22 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 57 days before departure. For any departures within 16 January 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Chiang Mai & Golden Triangle tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Chiang Mai & Golden Triangle tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.
Last modified (date)
Finish point instructions
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description