- Wine tasting tour
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Farm and plantation visits
- duration 8 hours
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 10
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit a wine estate that once formed part of the Constantia Estate
- Enjoy a cellar tour followed by a chocolate and awardwinning wine pairing session
- End your day at one of the highest winetasting rooms in the Constantia Valley
This largest wine estate in the region is home to Van der Stel’s (the first Governor of the new Dutch colony on the tip of Africa) original manor house, an excellent example the Cape Dutch architectural style. Apart from that, the name Constantia is also linked with the most famous wines ever produced in this country, which was enjoyed by Napoléon Bonaparte and European royalty in the 18th century. Take a step back in time during a guided tour of the cellar and learn more about this rich history while enjoying a chocolate paired with an award-winning wine.
Travel to Eagles’ Nest next. Cradled in a secluded valley on the slopes of the Constantia Mountain Range, it is part of the World Heritage site of Table Mountain. The wine estate's origins go back to the time when it was used as a refreshment station between the area now known as Wynberg in the east and the harbour of the Hout Bay in the west. Enjoy a leisurely afternoon sipping wine under tall trees while listening to the relaxing sound of a babbling brook.
For your final stop, you will head up the mountainside to one of the highest tasting rooms in the Constantia Valley. End your tour while enjoying a view across the bay all the way to the beginning of the Helderberg Mountain Range.
- Pickup and drop-off from your accommodation in and around Cape Town
- Private driver / guide
- Chocolate and wine pairing
- 3 wine tastings and a cellar tour
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
0 to 24 hours prior to tour departure: 100% cancellation fee will be charged.
24 to 72 hours prior to tour departure: 50% cancellation fee will be charged, plus any additional charges levied by suppliers up to date of cancellation.
3 to 30 days prior to tour departure: 20% cancellation fee will be charged, plus any additional charges levied by suppliers up to date of cancellation.
30 days or more prior to tour departure: 10% cancellation fee will be charged for costs incurred.