- duration 19 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- See the Terracotta Warriors in Xi'an
- Visit a quieter section of The Great Wall
- Cruise down the Yangtze River past the Three Gorges Dam
- Visit the Giant Panda Breeding Research Centre near Chengdu
The Great Wall, the Forbidden City, Terracotta Warriors and Giant Pandas - China's iconic sights need little introduction and we visit them all on this comprehensive and varied journey. Equally inspiring are China's great scenic attractions including the breathtaking Three Gorges on the Yangtze River and the serene limestone mountains around Yangshuo. China remains one of the world's 'must-see' destinations; from ultra-modern Shanghai to the wizened faces of ancient Chinese villagers, this trip reveals a country as fascinating and beguiling as ever.
Day 1: Arrive Beijing
Day 2: Sightseeing in Beijing
Day 3: Visit the Great Wall
Day 4: Beijing; overnight train to Xi'an
Day 5: Morning walking tour of the Muslim quarter and mosque; free afternoon or
optional cycle ride
Day 6: Day trip to visit the Terracotta Warriors
Day 7: Bullet train to Chengdu; afternoon sightseeing tour
Day 8: Sightseeing trip to Leshan Giant Buddha; return to Chengdu
Day 9: Visit the Giant Panda Breeding Research Centre; to Chongqing, board cruise
Day 10-11: Two full days cruising the Yangtze River including the Three Gorges and the
Day 12: Disembark cruise; overnight sleeper train to Liuzhou
Day 13: Arrive Liuzhou; transfer to Yangshuo; afternoon cookery class
Day 14: Explore the local countryside by bike; meal with a local family
Day 15: * Free day in Yangshuo, surrounded by towering limestone scenery.*
Day 16: To Guilin for flight to Shanghai; evening tour along the Bund
Day 17: Visit Xitang water town
Day 18: Full day in Shanghai
Day 19: End Shanghai
- 13 nights comfortable hotels, 3 nights comfortable 4-star cruise boat with outward facing twin berth air-conditioned cabins, all en suite, and 2 nights 1st class sleeper train, soft-bed berths , All accommodation
- 18 breakfasts, 9 lunches, 3 dinners
- Travel by train/overnight train, private minibus, public bus, cruise boat and 1 internal flight
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- Group normally 5 to 18, plus leader. Min age 16 yrs
- Fast paced itinerary
- Tour leader throughout
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Any international flights to Beijing and from Shanghai are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Imperial China & Yangtze River Cruise tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 150+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Imperial China & Yangtze River Cruise tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 04 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 04 February 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Imperial China & Yangtze River Cruise tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Imperial China & Yangtze River Cruise tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.