- Active and outdoor
- National parks
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 1+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Delicious Marlborough Wine Tasting
- Breathtaking Cook Strait Ferry Crossing
- Magical Sunset Boat Cruise and Dinner
Looking for a New Zealand North Island Itinerary covering 14 days? Why not check out our 12 day Wanderer tour and customise it with additional pre-tour or post-tour accommodation in either Auckland or Christchurch.
A sample platter of North and the South Island highlights – you’ll get a great overview of New Zealand’s scenic wonders on this tour. From Auckland, we’ll visit beautiful Coromandel and Raglan beaches; the thermal wonderland of Rotorua and Taupo; stop in at Tongariro National Park; enjoy vibrant Wellington before crossing the Cook Strait from the North Island and on to the South Island wine region of Marlborough; then to the whale-watching mecca of Kaikoura before ending in Christchurch. Or – vice versa! – you can also take this tour from Christchurch to Auckland.
Created for travellers in their mid-thirties and upwards, Haka Plus Tours are the best, most relaxed way to see Aotearoa New Zealand. We always like to showcase the indigenous Maori culture, so we include a cultural performance at a living Maori village within this tour. You can also learn about Māori traditions at an optional bone pendant carving session.
This tour includes special activities such as walking to the spectacular and photogenic Cathedral Cove, a traditional Māori meal, and a walk amidst towering – and magically lit – treetops and the ‘most scenic ferry crossing in the world’. Personalise your New Zealand vacation by choosing to select some tour add-ons such as hiking the Tongariro Alpine Crossing – otherwise known as Mordor, kayaking to a natural hot pool, visiting an offshore eco-sanctuary, visiting Hobbiton, having a surf lesson, or viewing whales on a whale watching flight!
New Zealand is known for being home to many different adventures, so be sure to make the most of your chance to swim, kayak, skydive, hike, see kiwis (and whales, dolphins, seals and albatrosses), relax in hot pools, and even fly over an active marine volcano!
Pack in as many or as few of the activities on offer – this is your tour, your New Zealand vacation and we want you to have a great time! The tour includes some must-dos, but when it comes to things like bungy jumping and mountain hiking, we leave the choice up to you.
At the end of the day, you can relax in comfortable 3–4 star accommodation to ensure you have a great night’s sleep ready for the following day’s activities.
Day 1 Auckland
Day 2 Auckland to Coromandel
Day 3 Coromandel to Raglan
Day 4 Raglan to Rotorua (via Waitomo)
Day 5 Rotorua
Day 6 Rotorua to National Park (via Taupō)
Day 7 National Park
Day 8 National Park to Wellington
Day 9 Wellington
Day 10 Wellington to Kaikōura
Day 11 Kaikōura to Christchurch
Day 12 Christchurch
- Stay each night in twin-share 3–4 star accommodation: a mix of hotels, motels, lodges, and rainforest retreats.
- Stay 11 nights in twin-share 3–4 star accommodation: a mix of hotels, motels and lodges.
- Feast on 6 continental breakfasts and 2 dinners, including a traditional Māori hāngī cooked in an underground oven.
- Comfortable and air-conditioned bus transport
- Ride one of the most scenic ferry journeys in the world, over the Cook Strait.
- Passionate and knowledgeable local Kiwi guide
- Orientation tour of each and every location
- Experiences to teach you about our unique Māori culture
- Walk a stunning coastal track to Cathedral Cove (as seen in the Chronicles of Narnia movies).
- Watch a Māori cultural performance and check out a geothermal valley of bubbling mud pools including the famous Pōhutu Geyser in Rotorua.
- See endangered kiwi birds up close and personal.
- Soak up a sunset boat cruise in the West Coast surf town of Raglan – the fish and chips are on us!
- Brave the Redwoods Treewalk, crossing 23 raised suspension bridges.
- Hike through the forested gorge of Ruakuri (45 minutes) – bring your camera for this one.
- Stay in Tongariro National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Area.
- Taste some of the world’s best sauvignon blanc at a Marlborough wine tasting.
- Any international flights to Auckland and from Christchurch are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Wanderer tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 101+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Wanderer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 44 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 07 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 07 November 2021, a deposit of 70 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 44 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Wanderer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Wanderer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.