- Local culture
- duration 3 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 1+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit the Waitangi Treaty Grounds (Included)
- See one of the world's largest trees (Included)
- Sundowner Cruise
On this 3 day Bay of Islands tour from Auckland, we’ll travel to Northland and explore some of the Bay of Islands before heading back to Auckland. You’ll have the opportunity to visit Paihia, Russell, Waitangi, Cape Reinga (the very tip of New Zealand) and some of the 144 islands that make up the magnificent Bay of Islands.
Venture with us on our Bay of Islands tour to the region known as ‘The Winterless North’! While we can’t promise sunshine 100% of the time, we can assure you that you’ll get to explore some truly spectacular scenery and have plenty of opportunity to take part in some once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Lush green hills, sweeping beaches, epic marine life, giant sand dunes, idyllic islands, and settlements steeped in culture and history – the Northland and Bay of Islands region is truly special.
We love this area so much that we have our own accommodation here! Haka Lodge Paihia boasts amazing views out to the Bay of Islands and some of the nicest and most knowledgeable staff.
We’ll have plenty of included activities and stops on our Bay of Islands tours including visiting Tane Mahuta - the Lord of the Forest, taking time to explore Waitangi Treaty Grounds, short walks through lush subtropical rainforest, enjoying fish and chips at sunset, visiting picture-perfect waterfalls and a rest stop at the Hundertwasser Toilets! We'll also include a sundowner sunset cruise in the Bay of Islands with Barefoot Sailing!
This Bay of Islands New Zealand tour also offers optional activities including skydiving, scuba diving (both beginner or advanced), a catamaran cruise or a side-trip up to Cape Reinga to see where the Pacific Ocean and Tasman Sea meet – with the option to go sand-boarding down giant dunes! Or simply enjoy the town of Paihia or take the ferry to historic Russell.
**Bay of Islands Tour Tips:**
- As you build your tour online, you will see many optional activities available to add – but remember, none of these are compulsory. Not sure which activities to choose? No problem. Once you've paid a deposit and secured your seat you can add activities anytime until 45 days prior to departure.
- Activities can be pre-booked or purchased on the road - just let your tour guide know. We can't always guarantee availability when booking on the road, so we suggest pre-booking any activities you especially want to do.
- This tour is great if you want a magical, yet quick escape to soak up the sun – but it needn't end after 3 days, as our [7 day North Island Adventure tour](https://hakatours.com/new-zealand-tours/north-island/) also departs Auckland and takes in a a huge array of highlights en route to Wellington.
- As the tour starts early in the morning, you can opt to book accommodation with us in Auckland the night before the tour – only having to walk downstairs on day 1 makes for a stress-free morning. Accommodation is included on the last night of your tour.
Day 1 Auckland to Paihia
Day 2 Paihia
Day 3 Paihia to Auckland
- High-end hostel accommodation
- 3 nights of accommodation in 4-6 person dorm share
- Tasty continental breakfasts every day
- Continental breakfast every day
- Fish & chips dinner with spectacular Bay of Islands views
- Comfortable bus transport
- Passionate Kiwi guides
- Experiences to teach you about our unique Māori culture
- Sundowner Cruise aboard a catamaran in the Bay of Islands
- Marvel at the Hokianga Harbour and its giant sand dunes
- Visit Tāne Mahuta – a giant kauri tree in the Waipoua Forest
- Visit the Waitangi Treaty Grounds, the birthplace of New Zealand
- Check out the Hundertwasser Toilets in Kawakawa
- Take in amazing coastlines and golden beaches
- Any international flights to/from Auckland are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Bay of Islands Winterless North Tour tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 12+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Bay of Islands Winterless North Tour tour. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 44 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 07 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 07 November 2021, a deposit of 70 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 44 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Bay of Islands Winterless North Tour tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Bay of Islands Winterless North Tour tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.