- Sightseeing tour
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 3 hours
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Walk through a spice plantation and discover the spices of the island
- Taste local tropical fruits and spices
- Visit the Kidichi Persian Baths built in 1850 by the first Sultan of Zanzibar
Join us in learning more about the important piece of Zanzibar life on our special Spice Tour with in-depth information not only about spices, but also organically grown herbs and detailed descriptions about their uses in traditional dishes, as cures for ailments and even for dyeing traditional ceremonial outfits for weddings and festivals. This tour is also a fantastic opportunity to see the countryside and rural areas of Zanzibar and also connect with local people.
Our guided walking tour passes through villages and spice plantations as spice-farm workers climb trees, seek out specific plants and cut off bark, letting you see, feel and taste everything. You will be decorated with palm-leaf accessories such as ties, rings, bracelets and glasses. You will also have an opportunity to taste some of the exotic fruits of Zanzibar and buy some of your own fresh spices if you choose.
After the tour, we invite you for an opulent traditional Swahili lunch served in a local house, where you can taste the spices in the food.
The tour also includes a visit to the Kidichi Persian Baths built in 1850 by the first Sultan of Zanzibar as a gift for his Persian wife.
The half-day trip includes transport, guide, entrance fees and a superb lunch.
- Pick up and drop off from your hotel
- Entrances fees
- 1L bottle of mineral water
- Experienced professional tour guide
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees
- Medical insurance, travel insurance
- Personal purchases
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationA deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.