- Kayaking and canoeing
- Countryside and village visits
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Local boat rides
- duration 16 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Nong Khiaw Small rustic town on the Ou River, surrounded by limestone hills
- Luang Prabang Sleepy French Colonial riverside town with over 30 gilded temples
- Plain of Jars Mysterious and remote site of huge 2,000 yearold huge stone jars
- Don Khong Island Explore the 4,000 islands region of southern Laos
Travel the length and breadth of the least-visited but most charming country in South East Asia. Cruise on slowboats along the Mekong River, trek past rice paddies and dip in turquoise waterfalls. Luang Prabang - Soak up the city's French colonial charm and watch monks line the street at sunrise. Phonsovan - Discover the mysterious 'Plain of Jars' and learn about the impact of UXOs from the Vietnam war 4,000 Islands - Visit rural villages and trek to waterfalls in Laos' remote south.
Day 1 : Join trip in Vientiane
Day 2 : In Vientiane, sightseeing in the Lao Capital; afternoon visit to Buddha Park
Day 3 : Fly to Phonsavan, discover the ancient capital of Muang Khong
Day 4 : In Phonsavan, explore the mystical Plain of Jars
Day 5 : Scenic drive along mountain roads to Luang Prabang
Day 6 : In Luang Prabang, walking tour of temples; free afternoon
Day 7 : From Luang Prabang visit Kuang Si waterfalls; free afternoon
Day 8 : Drive to Nong Khiaw; afternoon is free to explore
Day 9 : In Nong Khiaw, visit ethnic villages and kayak on the Nam Ou River
Day 10 : Longboat down river to Luang Prabang
Day 11 : Fly to Pakse; visit Wat Phu Champassak; Journey by boat and road to Don Khong Island
Day 12 : Explore 4,000 islands region; take dolphin boat safari and visit Khong Phapheng waterfalls
Day 13 : Drive to Tad Fane on Bolaven Plateau
Day 14 : Walk across the plateau and visit coffee plantations. Free time at Tad Fane waterfalls.
Day 15 : Drive to Pakse and fly to Bangkok
Day 16 : Trip ends in Bangkok
- 15 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch
- New Rose Boutique Hotel (2 nights)
- Anoulack Khen Lao Hotel (2 nights)
- Villa Kieng Kham Hotel (4 nights)
- Pha Xang Resort (2 nights)
- Villa Muang Khong (2 nights)
- Falls View Resort Tad E-Tu (2 nights)
- Royal Rattankosin Hotel (1 night)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Boat Crew
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Vientiane and from Bangkok are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Spirit of Laos tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 117+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Spirit of Laos tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 09 June 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 09 June 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Spirit of Laos tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Spirit of Laos tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.