- duration 16 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- Nong Khiaw Small rustic town on the Ou River, surrounded by limestone hills
- Luang Prabang Sleepy French Colonial riverside town with over 30 gilded temples
- Plain of Jars Mysterious and remote site of huge 2,000 yearold huge stone jars
- Don Khong Island Explore the 4,000 islands region of southern Laos
Travel the length and breadth of the least-visited but most charming country in South East Asia. Cruise on slowboats along the Mekong River, trek past rice paddies and dip in turquoise waterfalls. Luang Prabang - Soak up the city's French colonial charm and watch monks line the street at sunrise. Phonsovan - Discover the mysterious 'Plain of Jars' and learn about the impact of UXOs from the Vietnam war 4,000 Islands - Visit rural villages and trek to waterfalls in Laos' remote south.
Day 1 : Join trip in Vientiane
Day 2 : In Vientiane, sightseeing in the Lao Capital; afternoon visit to Buddha Park
Day 3 : Fly to Phonsavan, discover the ancient capital of Muang Khong
Day 4 : In Phonsavan, explore the mystical Plain of Jars
Day 5 : Scenic drive along mountain roads to Luang Prabang
Day 6 : In Luang Prabang, walking tour of temples; free afternoon
Day 7 : From Luang Prabang visit Kuang Si waterfalls; free afternoon
Day 8 : Drive to Nong Khiaw; afternoon is free to explore
Day 9 : In Nong Khiaw, visit ethnic villages and kayak on the Nam Ou River
Day 10 : Longboat down river to Luang Prabang
Day 11 : Fly to Pakse; Journey by boat and road to Don Khong Island
Day 12 : Explore 4,000 islands region; take dolphin boat safari and visit Khong Phapheng waterfalls
Day 13 : Drive to Tad Fane on Bolaven Plateau
Day 14 : Walk across the plateau and visit coffee plantations. Free time at Tad Fane waterfalls.
Day 15 : Drive to Pakse and fly to Bangkok
Day 16 : Trip ends in Bangkok
- 15 Breakfast, 1 Lunch
- 6 nights simple hotel
- 7 nights comfortable hotel
- 2 nights comfortable bungalow
- Bus, Boat, Flight
- Explore Tour Leader, Boat Crew, Driver(s), Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Vientiane and from Bangkok are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Spirit of Laos tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Explore. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 149 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 99 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 282 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 20 January 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Spirit of Laos tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Spirit of Laos tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.