- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- See Bhutan through the eyes of a local as you travel with a leader who will bring the country’s unique history, legends and traditions to life.
- Get acquainted with rare and fascinating wildlife in the breathtaking Phobjika valley, including a visit to a protection and information centre for blacknecked cranes.
- Visit the important monastery of Gangte Goemba where you’ll speak to a senior resident monk about two subjects at heart of Bhutanese culture – Buddhism and happiness.
- Climb to the teetering monastery of Taktsang (the Tiger's Nest) 900 metres above Paro’s valley floor and take in onceinalifetime views.
Paro - Thimphu
- Hotel (6 nights), Paro Feature Stay (2 nights)
- 8 Breakfasts, 7 Lunches, 8 Dinners
- Private vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Thimphu - Welcome dinner
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Thimpu - Folk & Heritage Museum
- Thimpu - National Library
- Thimphu - National Textile Museum
- Thimphu - National Memorial Chorten
- Thimphu - Takin Conservation Park
- Thimphu - Zilukha Nunnery
- Thimphu - Voluntary Artists School
- Thimphu - Buddha Dordenma
- Punakha Valley - Chimi Lhakhang
- Dochula Pass - Druk Wangyal Chortens
- Thimphu - Simtokha Dzong
- Punakha - Khamsum Yulley Namgyal Chorten
- Punakha - Punakha Dzong
- Punakha - Sangchhen Dorji Lhuendrup nunnery
- Phobjikha - Conversation with a senior monk
- Phobjikha - Gangtoe Goemba
- Phobjikha - Black Necked Crane Information Center
- Phobjikha - Valley hiking
- Paro - Tadzong Museum
- Paro - Drukgyal Dzong
- Paro - Home cooked dinner & family visit
- Paro - Taktsang (Tiger's Nest) Monastery hike
- Paro - Complimentary Departure Transfer
- Any international flights to Thimphu and from Paro are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Premium Bhutan tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 150+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Premium Bhutan tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 13 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 13 July 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Premium Bhutan tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Premium Bhutan tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Due to the high altitude of the places we visit some people can suffer altitude sickness, regardless of age, gender or fitness. It even happened to Sir Edmund Hillary! Please see the ‘Medical and Health Information’ section of the Essential Trip Information for more details.
- The hike to Tiger’s Nest can be strenuous. The trek can take up to 5 hours and reach an altitude of 3120 metres.
- In Bhutan short distances can take much longer due to small, narrow roads and mountain passes. Motion sickness can be an issue on longer driving days on windy roads.
- All meals are included due to the nature of travelling in Bhutan. This means there may be limited choices on some days.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers