- Booking Type Instant Booking
- tour type Private Tour
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Trek difficulty Medium
- Maximum altitude 5895 meters
- Beautifull scenery and high success rate of getting to the summit
- Low traffic route on the mountain
- Best route for acclimatization
The trek begins at Londorossi Gate, located in the western base of mountain, within its lush, fertile rainforest. The route heads across the Shira Plateau, before circling along the southern circuit halfway around the mountain, exposing the climber to great views from all angles. The approach to the summit is made from the east, and the descent follows the Mweka trail.
With eight days (seven nights) on the mountain, your chances of reaching the “Roof of Africa” are very high, around 90%. The Lemosho route is approximately 70 km/ 42 miles from gate to gate.
Day 1: Starting pint to Mti mkubwa Campsite
Day 2: Mti Mkubwa campsite to Shira Camp 1
Day 3: Shira Camp 1 to Shira 2 Campsite
Day 4: Shira 2 Campsite to Lava Tower to Barranco Campsite
Day 5: Barranco Campsite to Karanga Valley Campsite
Day 6: Karanga Valley Campsite to Barafu Hut
Day 7: Barafu Hut to Uhuru Peak to Mweka hut
Day 8: Mweka Hut to Mweka gate
- Park fees, camping fees, rescue fees
- Camping equipment: 3-season vaude tents, tables, chairs and sleeping mats
- Transport to and from the gates
- Three meals daily while on the mountain
- Certified English-speaking guides
- Two nights accommodation in Moshi - pre and post climbing accommodation
- Recommended salaries for porters and guides
- Pick up and transfer at the Kilimanjaro airport
- Portable flush toilet can be provided for free upon client's request
- Gamov bag and oxygen tanks
- Pulse oximeter
- Tips for guides and porters.
- Mountain climbing equipment and clothes (but they available for rent)
- Save +US$ 68 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Excellent Customer Service. Our Travel Experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.