- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 21 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- One of the last remaining truly wild places on earth, Borneo offers rare treats for the nature lover – see Orangutans at the Semenggoh Sanctuary and the quirky proboscis monkeys in Bako National Park
- Discover the colourful history of the Iban people and spend the night in a modern longhouse with a local family
- Explore one of the world’s largest cave networks and witness a sunset hunting exodus of millions of bats, twisting through the sky like a plume of black smoke in Gunung Mulu National Park
- Follow in the infamous footsteps of tribal warriors on a trek through wild, dense jungle on the Headhunters’ Trail
Imagine a place that is spiritual and wild, colourful and mysterious, and full of tantalising secrets - this is beautiful Borneo. From the steamy jungles of Mulu National Park and the secluded beaches of Turtle Island, to the graceful orangutans at Sepilok and small villages nestled in the shadow of Mt Kinabalu, Borneo is a true gem of South East Asia. Experience captivating sunsets, be welcomed on homestays, travel along scenic trails, laze on tropical beaches and see an abundance of wildlife - this is a tour to remember forever.
Bako National Park - Kuching
Mulu National Park
Mulu National Park
Mulu National Park
Headhunters Trail - Homestay
Mt Kinabalu National Park
Mt Kinabalu National Park
Mt Kinabalu – Poring Hot Springs
Poring Hot Springs
- Cabin (multishare) (2 nights), Dormitory (1 night), Homestay (1 night), Hotel (5 nights)
- 18 Breakfasts, 7 Lunches, 7 Dinners
- 4x4 , Speed boat , Private Mini van , Ferry , Longtail boat , Plane , Taxi
- An expert tour leader
- Bako National Park
- Kuching - Semenggoh Orangutan Sanctuary
- Mulu National Park
- Mulu National Park - Deer & Lang Caves
- Mulu National Park - Wind & Clearwater Caves
- Mulu National Park - Guided trek along Headhunters' Trails
- Mulu National Park - Longboat ride along the Melinau & Terikan Rivers
- Labuan Island - Labuan Historical Tour
- Dusun Village - Guided village walk
- Dusun Village - Cultural performance
- Mt Kinabalu National Park - Mt Kinabalu Climb
- Kinabatangan River - Night jungle walk
- Kinabatangan River - Afternoon wildlife cruise
- Kinabatangan River - Dawn wildlife cruise
- Turtle Island - Turtle Island Marine Park
- Turtle Island - Turtle Hatchery Visit
- Sepilok - Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre
- Sandakan - War Memorial
- Any international flights to Kuching and from Kota Kinabalu are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Best of Borneo tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 106+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Best of Borneo tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 December 2020, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 December 2020, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Best of Borneo tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of Borneo tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- It’s best to pack light for this trip. There is a strict 15 kg maximum luggage limit on the included internal flights. Excess luggage will incur extra fees to the traveller.
- A small to medium size day backpack is required for the time in Mulu NP and on the Headhunters Trail. Your main pack will be forwarded on, so there will be days when you don’t have access to it. Pack light and smart.
- This trip includes a number of wonderful long walks through forest and jungle, especially the 11.5-kilometre Headhunters’ Trail, so a good level of fitness is required.
- The Mt Kinabalu trek is very challenging, including an altitude of more than 2800 metres and an early morning to summit in the dark, so we recommend a good level of fitness to be able to enjoy this unforgettable climb.
- You may have to purchase some items for this trip. Check the 'Packing' section of the Essential Trip Information for more detail.
- You will get to experience a wide range of accommodation types on this trip – some dormitory rooms in hostels, a homestay, guesthouses, jungle lodge and hotels. Some may be a little more basic than our standard hotels, but their unique location and close proximity to wildlife is what makes them special.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers