- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
Discover the astounding landscapes and unusual wildlife of Borneo, the world’s third largest island, on a journey through the Malaysian states of Sarawak and Sabah. Experience the otherworldly limestone cliffs of Gunung Mulu National Park, witnessing its famed bat exodus; and encounter rescued orangutans at the Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre. Set off on a cruise along the Kinabatangan River in search of elusive pygmy elephants, and learn about the customs and traditions of indigenous Bornean tribes.
Day 1: Kuching
Day 2: Kuching
Day 3: Kuching
Day 4: Kuching/Gunung Mulu National Park
Day 5: Gunung Mulu National Park
Day 6: Gunung Mulu National Park/Kota Kinabalu
Day 7: KOTA KINABALU/KAMPUNG BILIT
Day 8: Kampung Bilit
Day 9: Kampung Bilit/Tabin Wildlife Reserve
Day 10: Tabin Wildlife Reserve
Day 11: Tabin Wildlife Reserve/Kota Kinabalu
Day 12: Kota Kinabalu
- Hotels (7 nts), Lodge (4 nts)
11 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 4 dinners
Note: Allow USD130-170 for meals not included.
- Private vehicle, plane, boat, hiking, walking.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Nature Walk in Kubah National Park, Kuching
- Arrival transfer
- Excursion to a Bidayuh Tribal Village
- Santubong River wildlife and dolphin cruise
- Night walk in Mulu National Park
- Boat excursion to Wind and Clearwater Caves
- Walking excursion to Deer and Lang Caves
- Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre visit
- Visit the Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre
- Kinabatangan River and wildlife excursions on foot and boat
- Tabin Wildlife Reserve excursions by jeep and on foot
- Internal flights
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Kuching and from Kota Kinabalu are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Best of Borneo tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 185 today.
- Earn US$ 123+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Best of Borneo tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 March 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Best of Borneo tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of Borneo tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : National Geographic JourneysGreater exploration, insider access, and the freedom to roam – all without sacrificing comfort.
- 2. Service Level : UpgradedQuality accommodations and more inclusions than on other G Adventures tours, like meals, private transport, and activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.