- Walking tour
- duration 8 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 20
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Walking in the Heart of Scotland
- Hiking Through the Scottish Highlands
- Canal and LochSide Footpaths
- Views of Ben Nevis
Walk through the heart of the Scottish Highlands at your own pace. Opened in April 2002, this long distance walking trail travels right through the very heart of Scotland. From Fort William to Inverness you'll discover the highlights that make this area such a magnet for walkers. Pass by the foot of Ben Nevis (1344m), the highest mountain in the UK. Follow undulating forest tracks along the shores of Loch Ness and walk through a mixture of farmland, exposed high moorlands and woodland as you make your way to the capital of the Highlands, Inverness. Along the route you will also encounter the forts and castles scattered along the way that lay witness to Scotland's turbulent past, from the Iron Age to the Jacobite Rebellion led by Bonnie Prince Charlie who was finally defeated at the Battle of Culloden.
Day 1 : Arrive Fort William
Day 2 : Fort William to Gairlochy 17 km/10.5 miles
Day 3 : Gairlochy to South Laggan 17.5 km/11 miles or 21km /13 miles
Day 4 : South Laggan to Fort Augustus 20 km/12.5 miles
Day 5 : Fort Augustus to Invermoriston 13 km/8 miles
Day 6 : Invermoriston to Drumnadrochit 22 km/14 miles
Day 7 : Drumnadrochit to Inverness 21 km/14 miles
Day 8 : Arrangements end after breakfast
- 7 nights accommodation in small guesthouses on a twin share basis with ensuite facilities where available
- 7 breakfasts
- One piece of luggage per person transferred from Inn to Inn, not to exceed 20kg
- Taxi transfer on Day 7 to Loch Laide
- Information pack including route notes & maps
- Emergency hotline
- Lunch, Dinner and drinks
- Entrance fees
- Travel insurance
- Travel to the start and from the end point of the trip
- Personal expenses such as laundry and phone calls
- Unscheduled transfers required during the trip
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 34+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this The Great Glen Way tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 26 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 26 November 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
The Great Glen Way tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Great Glen Way tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.