- Walking tour
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Diverse walks in Spain's oldest national parkIncredible wildlife including Chamois, Golden eagles and Griffon vulturesTraditional mountain villages in the valleys of Green SpainFamilyrun hotel with stunning panoramic views
Spain's third-highest mountain range, the Picos de Europa is a region of dramatic limestone peaks and lush valleys. Carpeted in beautiful wildflowers in spring, this area is also known as 'Green Spain'. Its terrain, tranquillity and inaccessibility make the Picos a walker's paradise. Chamois, Griffon vultures, Golden eagles and many other species are regularly seen, and, although more rarely spotted, bears, wolves and boars still survive in this incredible wilderness. We base ourselves at the friendly, family-run Hotel Torrecerredo, positioned in the heart of the region and offering breathtaking panoramas of the highest peaks from its welcoming bar and restaurant. *Temporary changes due to COVID-security measures.**Last updated: 22nd October 2020*At Exodus we acknowledge our responsibility to have the most up-to-date information on anything that will affect our customers on holiday, and to communicate this to our customers as effectively as possible.Our general global COVID security measures are described in our Travel">https://www.exodus.co.uk/travel-safety-charter">TravelSafety Charter, and changes will be made to these measures as required by the global pandemic situation.However, we also expect there to be requirements, measures and sometimes itinerary changes that apply to certain trips only, and may well be temporary measures. We have highlighted all known changes in the section below. *Entry requirements*For all trips, having the correct documentation and visa, if required, remains the customer’s responsibility based on their own nationality. We therefore encourage all travellers to check entry requirements using the travel advice of their home nation for the relevant destination. For UK passport holders that is https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-adviceThe">https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice">https://www.gov.uk/foreign-tra... Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) currently advises against all non-essential travel to Spain. Information on local restrictions will be updated in 2021, closer to the time when trips are operational again.
Day 1: Start Arenas de Cabrales.
Day 2: Visit the Arenas de Cabrales valley; pastures of Vanu and spectacular views-
Moderate departure (level 3)
Day 3: Ascent to Pandescura peak with superb views of the Western Massif- Moderate
departure (level 3)
Day 4: Classic Cares Gorge walk, one of the most popular walks in Spain- Moderate
departure (level 3)
Day 5: Free day. Optional activities include caving, self-guided canoeing, canyoning
or a trip to the coast- Moderate (level 3) & Challenging (level 5) departures
Day 6: Summit of Peña Main, one of the classic viewpoints of the Picos; continue on
to Pandebano Col- Moderate departure (level 3)
Day 7: Walk up to the twin summits of Mancondiu offering fantastic views of the
Central and Eastern Massifs- Moderate departure (level 3)
Day 8: End Arenas de Cabrales.
- All breakfasts, 5 picnic lunches and 6 dinners includedAll accommodationTransfer for group flights
- 7 nights at the Hotel Torrecerredo5 days centre-based walking; 1 free dayGroup normally 4 to 16, plus local leader. Min age 16 yrsAltitude maximum 2214m, average 1000mChallenging departures availableReasonable fitness required
- Any international flights to/from Arenas De Cabrales are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Walking the Picos de Europa tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 61+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Walking the Picos de Europa tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 August 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Walking the Picos de Europa tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Walking the Picos de Europa tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.