- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Diverse walks in Spain's oldest national park
- Incredible wildlife including Chamois, Golden eagles and Griffon vultures
- Traditional mountain villages in the valleys of Green Spain
- Familyrun hotel with stunning panoramic views
Spain's third highest mountain range, the Picos de Europa is a region of dramatic limestone peaks and lush valleys. Carpeted in beautiful wild flowers in spring, this area is also known as 'Green Spain'. Its terrain, tranquillity and inaccessibility make the Picos a walker's paradise. Chamois, Griffon vultures, Golden eagles and many other species are regularly seen, and, although more rarely spotted, bears, wolves and boars still survive in this incredible wilderness. We base ourselves at the friendly, family-run Hotel Torrecerredo, positioned in the heart of the region and offering breathtaking panoramas of the highest peaks from its welcoming bar and restaurant.
Day 1: Start Arenas de Cabrales.
Day 2: Visit the Arenas de Cabrales valley; pastures of Vanu and spectacular views-
Moderate departure (level 3)
Day 3: Ascent to Pandescura peak with superb views of the Western Massif- Moderate
departure (level 3)
Day 4: Classic Cares Gorge walk, one of the most popular walks in Spain- Moderate
departure (level 3)
Day 5: Free day. Optional activities include caving, self-guided canoeing, canyoning
or a trip to the coast- Moderate (level 3) & Challenging (level 5) departures
Day 6: Summit of Peña Main, one of the classic viewpoints of the Picos; continue on
to Pandebano Col- Moderate departure (level 3)
Day 7: Walk up to the twin summits of Mancondiu offering fantastic views of the
Central and Eastern Massifs- Moderate departure (level 3)
Day 8: End Arenas de Cabrales.
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 5 picnic lunches and 6 dinners included
- Transfer for group flights
- 7 nights at the Hotel Torrecerredo
- 5 days centre-based walking; 1 free day
- Group normally 4 to 16, plus local leader. Min age 16 yrs
- Altitude maximum 2214m, average 1000m
- Challenging departures available
- Reasonable fitness required
- Any international flights to/from Arenas De Cabrales are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Walking the Picos de Europa tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 54+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Walking the Picos de Europa tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 155 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 07 September 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Walking the Picos de Europa tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Walking the Picos de Europa tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.