Looking for available travel experts
Rich cultural heritage, never-ending maze of picturesque streets, hofjes and canals, all topped with world-famous nightlife scene — spend your holidays in Amsterdam and you’ll get to experience it all. Seeing as the vibrant, down-to-earth Dutch capital is a real treasure trove of art, architecture and urban buzz, you can be assured your trip to Amsterdam will definitely pack a punch.
- Old Centre of Amsterdam is a medieval labyrinth composed of bridges, canals and gorgeous buildings that have remained largely undamaged since the times they were first constructed.
- Amsterdam is home to some of the most famous museums in Europe, including the Rijksmuseum, which hosts a vast collection of artwork from Dutch Golden Age, and the Van Gogh Museum, dedicated to one of the greatest artists of all times.
- Anne Frank House is one of the most important historical sites in the city. Seeing as it’s highly visited year-round, it’s advised to purchase your tickets in advance.
- The city’s Red Light District is considered by many to be one of Amsterdam’s absolute must-visits.
- Even though Amsterdam has an efficient tram and subway network, if you want to explore the city like a local, it’s best to do so the essential Dutch way – by cycling!
- Whenever you feel like you need to escape the hustle and bustle, head over to Vondelpark, one of the most beloved green getaways for tourists and locals alike.
- Amsterdam is a super-popular tourist spot regardless of the season, but if you want to strike that perfect balance of nice weather and lesser crowds, try booking your stay in spring (April and May) or fall (September and October). This is your best chance to visit all the famous sites without hour-long waits, and even find decent accommodation deals.