Looking for available travel experts
Vast arid deserts compete with glitzy beaches for your attention. Traditional Bedouin charms fight with glitzy malls and futuristic architecture for your time. Mesmerizing mosques leave you transfixed and a beautiful culture waits for you at every step. This is, in short, what awaits you in the United Arab Emirates.In the UAE English is widely spoken and you see cities in various stages of development, which simply makes the trip even more rewardable.
Most travelers don’t look beyond Dubai and its architectural wonders while visiting the UAE. BIG MISTAKE. Its nearest neighbor, Abu Dhabi, the capital of the country, has also come up in a big way and is now introducing visitors to its beautiful culture and museums like the Guggenheim and the Louvre. To the north, Sharjah enchants travelers with its museums while places like Ajman and the Al Gharbia desert showcase traditional Bedouin life at its beautiful best.
- Experience the thrill of a desert safari
- Count all the humps at the Al Ain Camel Market
- See the Sheikh Zayed Mosque
- Learn about the local culture at Saadiyat Island
- Have a BBQ at the top of Jebel Hafeet mountain
- Live the fast life at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi
- Celebrate Emirati heritage at the annual Qasr Al Hosn Festival
- Both men and women should always cover their shoulders and knees when out in public. Swimsuits, shorts, and short-sleeved shirts are acceptable only at hotels and resorts. Women are also required to wear a headscarf when visiting religious sites.
- PDA is not appropriate in the UAE or any Gulf country, including holding hands. Avoid touching members of the opposite sex altogether when you’re in public. It’s not odd to see two males holding hands or greeting each other with a kiss, however.
- To get the best deal, haggle at the souks - but always be prepared to pay whatever price you suggest!
- Weekends in the UAE fall on the Friday and Saturday.
- Don’t expect to be served alcohol at a restaurant. Booze is only available at hotels and other ‘tourist’ zones like on-resort nightclubs and some golf clubs.
- Though Dubai is certainly the most popular destination in the UAE, make sure to get out of the glamorous city to discover all the seven emirates have to offer.
UAE has seasonal weather so please do check up on the best time to visit UAE before planning your tour. And if you’re still hunting for more things to do and places to explore in UAE, do check out our UAE Travel Guide for more information.