- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 16
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Japan is an exhilarating and unique destination that also happens to be incredible safe, which makes it a great fit for families travelling with kids of any age.
- Let Tokyo dazzle the whole family. Feast on marketfresh sushi, try your hand at calligraphy and cook your own okonomiyaki on a cruise around Tokyo Bay.
- Ride the Hakone ropeway then relax in the soothing waters of an onsen. These hotspring baths are the perfect antidote to a couple of days of walking around Tokyo.
- From the tiny stalls in the back streets of Tokyo to the NishikiKoji Market, your leader will help you and your family navigate Japan’s dizzying cuisine and find something for everyone.
Gather up the brood and embark on an adventure through the Land of the Rising Sun on this 12-day family tour of Japan. From the houses of ancient emperors to technological gizmos, this tour packs in the best stuff to see and do as a family, plus plenty of time to kick back and soak it up in the onsen. Learn the art of calligraphy in Tokyo, feast on sushi at the famous Tsukiji Fish Market, ride the Hakone ropeway for views of Mt Fuji and immerse yourself in Japanese culture in Kyoto. With the local expertise of your leader to draw on at every step of the way, this is a family holiday that’s sure to yield lifelong memories.
- Hotels (7 nights), Ryokan (4 nights)
- 11 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 3 Dinners
- Bullet Train , Train , Cable car , Taxi , Tram
- An expert tour leader
- Tokyo - Japanese & Calligraphy lesson
- Tokyo - Sensoji Temple
- Tokyo - Okonomiyaki dinner on boat
- Tokyo - Yoyogi Park
- Tokyo - Seafood market & sushi lunch
- Tokyo – Harajuku walk
- Hakone - Lake Ashinoko boat cruise
- Hakone - Cable car/Ropeway
- Hakone – Karakuri Secret Box Museum
- Hiroshima – Peace Park and A-Bomb Dome
- Hiroshima - Miyajima Island
- Himeji - Himeji Castle
- Kyoto - Nishiki-Koji Market
- Kyoto - Gion District walk
- Kyoto - Fushimi Inari Shrine
- Kyoto - Arashiyama sightseeing
- Kyoto - Tenryuji Temple
- Kyoto - Hozu River ride
- Any international flights to Tokyo and from Kyoto are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Japan Family Holiday tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 142+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Japan Family Holiday tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 16 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 16 October 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Japan Family Holiday tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Japan Family Holiday tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- There is still quite a bit of walking involved, so you'll need a good level of fitness. Comfortable walking shoes are essential.
- Sleeping on a futon on a tatami (mat floor) in a traditional ryokan is great fun, but keep in mind that in some places the facilities are shared. As part of this you'll get to experience a traditional Japanese onsen bath, such as the hot springs in Hakone!
- Renovation works on Miyajima's famous floating torii gate started in June 2019. During the renovation works, the torii gate is covered up under a partially transparent scaffolding. Furthermore, a bridge is being built on the left side of the gate (when viewed from the shrine) to aid the renovation works. A date for the completion of the renovation works has not been set yet, but the works are expected to take at least one year.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Food and dietary requirements
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description
Finish point description
Climate and seasonal