- Glacier hiking on Svínafellsjökull
- Visiting the largest glacier in Europe, Vatnajökull
You will experience hiking on a glacier and learn the basics of rope work. Your guide will teach you all you need to know about the natural phenomena, outlet glacier of the Vatnajökull glacier, the largest and most voluminous ice cap in Iceland. The perfect expedition into the wonderland of ice formations and ridges.
You will meet your guide at the parking lot at Skaftafell Information Centre, and after a 15 minute drive, you will be at the tip of the Svínafellsjökull glacier tongue. You will get all the necessary safety equipment, as we provide both crampons, ice axes and other safety gear needed to make the tour both safe and enjoyable.
The glacier Svínafellsjökull is located in Skaftafell, the highest mountain range in Iceland. On a clear day, you will be able to see the highest peak in the country, Hvannadalshnjúkur. The area has been formed over thousands of years by influences of the volcanic eruptions and glaciers in the area, fire, and ice! Our experienced guides will teach you all you need to know and have you walking safely on the glacier in no time. Safety equipment and briefings are provided before each tour. Nature is best experienced free of worries!
During the glacier hike, you will have plenty of time to explore the ice sculptures and gaze into deep crevasses and moulins that can reach all the way down to the bottom of the glacier.
Don’t miss this chance to experience the ever changing ice formations on Svínafellsjökull
- Ice axes
- Certified Glacier Guide
- Hiking Boots
- Transport to and from the meeting point
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationThis is an on location tour. You need to arrange transportation to meet our guides on the glacier. What you need to bring: Hiking boots (available for rent) Rain gear Warm clothes Gloves and hat Minimum age is 8 years old Difficulty: moderate COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travelers safe.