- duration 3.5 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 1+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Admire beautiful frescoes and architecture that predate the Colosseum by a century
- Learn about the life of Emperor Augustus, Caesar’s heir and the father of Roman Empire
- Wander the ruins of the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Enjoy special access to the Case Romane del Celio
This tour begins by taking you down into the Case Romane to gape at the extraordinary frescoes that adorn the walls and see the relics of Roman life that were unearthed in these very rooms. With an expert guide to help you decipher everything you see and a small group of no more than 15 fellow travelers, you’ll feel as if you have stepped back 2,000 years into the height of one of the greatest empires the world has ever known.
Your tour continues with a stop at the Colosseum, where you’ll use skip the line tickets to walk right in and enjoy a full tour of the first and second floors. Once again, your expert guide will help bring the structure to life by telling you the thrilling story of the god-like emperors who built this ancient megastructure to host savage spectacles that entertained thousands of bloodthirsty spectators. From organized animal fights to public executions and the slave/athletes who became stars through killing or being killed, your guide’s stories will make this one of the most thrilling attractions in Central Rome.
After the Colosseum, you’ll head back to the Forum for a full tour. You’ll see temples and governmental buildings, walk the same streets that have been used since before the birth of Christ, and even peek into an ancient sewer that is still in use today.
Finally, you’ll head up the Palatine Hill to see the remains of some of the most opulent villas in ancient Rome and enjoy stunning views over the entire Forum. If you want an unparalleled tour of the most iconic sites in Rome with an extra, special-access experience thrown in to take you just a little deeper into the culture and history of the cradle of Western civilization, this is an unmissable experience for you.
- Skip the line tickets & reservation fees for the Colosseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill
- Handpicked tour guide
- Special access entry to the Case Romane del Celio
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
For cancellations made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Full refund.
For cancellations made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No refund can be provided.
For amendments made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No amendment fee, pending availability.
For amendments made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Amendments subject to a amendment fee per person, per tour, pending availability.
Late Arrivals & No Shows:
No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.