- Palatine Hill
- Roman Forum
As we walk down Ancient Rome’s chief street, the Via Sacra, we’ll focus on the altar where Julius Caesar was cremated; the House of the Vestal Virgins, a temple where priestesses vigilantly guarded the eternal flame of the Empire; the Senate, where key decisions that guided the course of western history were made; the Arch of Septimius Severus; as well as many other extraordinary monuments and ruins.
We’ll visit the Palatine Hill, site of the city’s very earliest settlements, which became the preferred residential area for most powerful and richest Roman families. We’ll stop to marvel at the Arch of Constantine, celebrating Constantine’s victory over the pagan world, and marking the moment when Christianity became the official religion of the Empire.
Then we will walk to the Colosseum, the imposing amphitheatre that was inaugurated in 80 A.D. Once inside, our guide will vividly recount the bloody events that took place in the Colosseum, bringing it all to life with tales of the gladiators, exotic animals, mock naval battles and executions.
- Skip-the-Line Entry Fees
- Small Group Max 12 People
- Headsets with more than 10 people
- Food and Drinks
• Not wheelchair accessible
• Wear Comfortable Shoes
• Bring water bottles to fill up during the tour
• Hat and sun screen necessary during the summer
• Unforseen strikes from the guardians of the site can affect the itinerary
• Backpacks and large bags are not allowed inside the Colosseum!! -- NB* There is no cloakroom service at the Colosseum.
• Visitors must pass through metal detectors at the security check point. Please expect to wait 15-20 minutes to clear security.
If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.