- duration 7 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 1+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- The ultimate singleday Rome experience, visiting all the top sites in a single day
- Enter the Colosseum with allinclusive skiptheline tickets
- See the top sights of Rome’s historical centre, incl the 2,000 yearold Pantheon & more
- Skip the lines for a fully guided tour of the Vatican Museums
We start at the Colosseum, bypassing the long lines with all-inclusive tickets that bring you straight into the ancient world’s greatest sports arena. Your guide will give you the harrowing tails of gladiators and martyrs that have made the Colosseum famous and also explain their political and social importance to ancient Romans.
Next, you’ll stroll over to the Roman Forum to learn how it functioned as the beating heart of Rome’s all-encompassing empire. Instead of slogging through the crowds inside the Forum (we don’t have much time, after all!) your guide will lead you to a stunning overlook. From there you cant take in the entire Forum including the Senate House, and Temple of the Vestal Virgins. It will be easy to imagine how the Forum must have appeared 2,000 years ago as you hear the stories of war, politics, economics, and religion that shaped the ancient city.
No walk through ancient Rome is complete without stepping into the Pantheon. This nearly 2,000-year-old building has the largest un-reinforced concrete dome in the world. As you goggle up at it from inside, you’ll hear the story of how it was built and why it has inspired so many other buildings, from St. Peter’s Basilica to the U.S. Capitol Building.
Jumping ahead in history, you’ll be treated to a delicious gelato as you stroll through streets made famous by films like “Roman Holiday”, stopping at the Trevi Fountain and Piazza Navona for a few glamorous photo ops.
After a break for lunch, your local expert will accompany you in a taxi or bus to the Vatican just to make sure you don’t have any transport issues. Once you’ve skipped the long lines of people waiting to get in with your all-inclusive ticket, you’ll meet your Vatican expert and delve into one of the world’s greatest collections of art.
Our specially-curated Vatican tour highlights the best works in the huge (some might say “overwhelming”) collections and give you a broad understanding and appreciation of what you’re seeing. Along the way, we’ll take in the Raphael Rooms, sculpture galleries, and the world-famous ‘Laocoön Group’.
The day ends contemplating Michelangelo’s frescoes in the Sistine Chapel. From there you can choose between extending your stay in the chapel and the Vatican Museums, or skip the lines and enter St. Peter’s Basilica directly from the Sistine Chapel. We recommend that you follow your guide since it will save you a walk of 30 - 40 minutes and, during busy times, over an hour of waiting in line.
With a group of 15 people or fewer, an expert local guide and no time wasted waiting in lines this tour guarantees unfettered access to Rome’s greatest historical and cultural treasures. If you only have a day to see it all, this is the ultimate tour to experience the epic grandeur of the Eternal City.
- Privileged express entrance to the Colosseum, Vatican Museums & St. Peter’s Basilica
- Transport from City Center to the Vatican
- Homemade gelato
- Expert tour guide
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
- For cancellations made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Full refund.
- For cancellations made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No refund can be provided.
- For amendments made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No amendment fee, pending availability.
- For amendments made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Amendments subject to a amendment fee per person, per tour, pending availability.
Late Arrivals & No Shows:
- No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.