- The ultimate single-day Rome experience, visiting all the top sites in a single day
- Enter the Colosseum with all-inclusive skip-the-line tickets
- See the top sights of Rome’s historical centre, incl the 2,000 year-old Pantheon & more
- Skip the lines for a fully guided tour of the Vatican Museums
We start at the Colosseum, bypassing the long lines with all-inclusive tickets that bring you straight into the ancient world’s greatest sports arena. Your guide will give you the harrowing tails of gladiators and martyrs that have made the Colosseum famous and also explain their political and social importance to ancient Romans.
Next, you’ll stroll over to the Roman Forum to learn how it functioned as the beating heart of Rome’s all-encompassing empire. Instead of slogging through the crowds inside the Forum (we don’t have much time, after all!) your guide will lead you to a stunning overlook. From there you cant take in the entire Forum including the Senate House, and Temple of the Vestal Virgins. It will be easy to imagine how the Forum must have appeared 2,000 years ago as you hear the stories of war, politics, economics, and religion that shaped the ancient city.
No walk through ancient Rome is complete without stepping into the Pantheon. This nearly 2,000-year-old building has the largest un-reinforced concrete dome in the world. As you goggle up at it from inside, you’ll hear the story of how it was built and why it has inspired so many other buildings, from St. Peter’s Basilica to the U.S. Capitol Building.
Jumping ahead in history, you’ll be treated to a delicious gelato as you stroll through streets made famous by films like “Roman Holiday”, stopping at the Trevi Fountain and Piazza Navona for a few glamorous photo ops.
After a break for lunch, your local expert will accompany you in a taxi or bus to the Vatican just to make sure you don’t have any transport issues. Once you’ve skipped the long lines of people waiting to get in with your all-inclusive ticket, you’ll meet your Vatican expert and delve into one of the world’s greatest collections of art.
Our specially-curated Vatican tour highlights the best works in the huge (some might say “overwhelming”) collections and give you a broad understanding and appreciation of what you’re seeing. Along the way, we’ll take in the Raphael Rooms, sculpture galleries, and the world-famous ‘Laocoön Group’.
The day ends contemplating Michelangelo’s frescoes in the Sistine Chapel. From there you can choose between extending your stay in the chapel and the Vatican Museums, or skip the lines and enter St. Peter’s Basilica directly from the Sistine Chapel. We recommend that you follow your guide since it will save you a walk of 30 - 40 minutes and, during busy times, over an hour of waiting in line.
With a group of 15 people or fewer, an expert local guide and no time wasted waiting in lines this tour guarantees unfettered access to Rome’s greatest historical and cultural treasures. If you only have a day to see it all, this is the ultimate tour to experience the epic grandeur of the Eternal City.
- Privileged express entrance to the Colosseum, Vatican Museums & St. Peter’s Basilica
- Transport from City Center to the Vatican
- Homemade gelato
- Expert tour guide
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
● Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
● Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour.
● There is a new rule at the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill that only small backpacks and regular-size handbags are allowed inside. Guests with larger bags will not be allowed to enter (there are no storage facilities) and all guests must now pass through a security check before entering the Colosseum.
● The Colosseum has changed its admission policy to ensure that only 3,000 people are allowed within the amphitheater at any given time, meaning much less crowding during busy periods. Although our tickets are pre-booked with Skip the Line access, this may mean a slight delay on entering if capacity has already been reached. We expect that the instances of this will be limited but ask for your patience if you travel on a busy day and are affected by this unavoidable circumstance. In all, it should make for a much nicer experience for all (and longer general access lines!).
● St. Peter's Basilica and the Sistine Chapel are holy places and thus, the attire must be appropriate for the visit. Both men and women are asked to wear clothing that covers at least the shoulders and knees. Walks of Italy cannot be held responsible for denied entry due to improper dress. Please note that, since the chapel is at the end of the Vatican visit, it is sufficient to bring extra coverings with you and put them on before our entrance to the Vatican.
● Your tour will end in St. Peter's Basilica where you will have skip the line entrance to get inside, though there is no guided explanation inside the church.
- For cancellations made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Full refund.
- For cancellations made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No refund can be provided.
- For amendments made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement: No amendment fee, pending availability.
- For amendments made within 72 hours prior to tour commencement: Amendments subject to a amendment fee per person, per tour, pending availability.
Late Arrivals & No Shows:
- No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.