- duration 7 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 1000 meters
- Trek difficulty Hard
- Hike the southernmost trekking circuit at the edge of the world
- Fly on a twinengined TwinOtter over the Darwin Mountain Range
- Trek through rock pinnacles, alpine lakes & beaver dams
- Visit the charming Puerto Williams, the most southerly village in the world
On this pioneer-adventure in the mountains of Dientes de Navarino, you will land right in the middle of Tierra del Fuego’s mystic beauty. Hike through wet swampland and quaint forests of beech trees before you finally reach the sharp teeth, Los Dientes, of Navarino Island. These natural jewels are embedded in small blue-lustrous lagoons. Also hike through the southern end of the world to watch beavers building their dams, while resisting the extremely strong gusts of wind that indicate the closeness of Cape Horn.
I would like to thank you again for the unforgettable days on the Isla Navarino. The trek has everything you could ask for: deep snow hiking, steep climbs, sunny hours, one or two climbs on the rock, beautiful views and views of the incomparable nature of Tierra del Fuego and pictures that I remember all my life will. The days were quite challenging and not every ascent or descent a breeze, but that's why I could take a lot for me and my career and that's what made the trek so special. I'm proud of myself, incredibly thankful for you and your devoted care. From the transfers, the schedules and the food - everything was thought, with you I would every time again in the 'wilderness' pull. I hope, You meet again - be it privately or again on a mountain somewhere in the Pampa. Thank you for everything and all the best for the future.”
Day 1: Arrival in Punta Arenas
Day 2: Flight to Puerto Williams - Tierra del Fuego
Day 3: Dientes de Navarino Trek - Laguna del Salto
Day 4: Dientes de Navarino Trek - Laguna Escondida
Day 5: Dientes de Navarino Trek - Laguna Martillo
Day 6: Dientes de Navarino Trek - Puerto Williams
Day 7: Return flight to Punta Arenas
- Local Porters carry the expedition tents and cooking equipment on all trekking days
- Accommodation on the trek: 3 nights in roomy, high quality 3-person expedition tents (to use for 2 people)
- Accommodation in Punta Arenas and Puerto Williams: 3 nights in guesthouses in double rooms with private bathrooms
- Meals: 6 x breakfast, 4 x box lunch, 5 x dinner
- Local English/Spanish speaking certified trekking guide
- Transport: all public and private transfers as per detailed itinerary
- Domestic flight Punta Arenas-Puerto Williams and Puerto Williams-Punta Arenas (alternative: boat ride to Ushuaia)
- Airport pick up and drop off
- Emergency equipment: including a first-aid kit and satellite phone / VHF-equipment
- Single Supplement
- International and domestic airfare and airport charges - except the flights to/from Puerto Williams
- Excess luggage fees
- Mandatory travel insurance
- Not appointed meals and beverages
- Optional trips
- Sleeping bag and camping mat
- Save +US$ 91 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Excellent Customer Service. Our Travel Experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Trip Notes: Good physical fitness and team spirit are necessary requirements for this tour. You should be able to walk long distances (4 to 7 hours a day) on muddy, rocky and sometimes snowy trails carrying your own backpack of 50 to 60 liter (10 to 13 kg). Your personal items, camping mat, and sleeping bag, as well as some meals for the trekking days, have to be carried by yourself !! Porters carry the expedition tents, all cooking equipment and set up camp. Special comforts like dining-/cooking-tent, showers and toilets should not be expected on Isla Navarino- Wilderness Trek. The luggage that is not required throughout the trekking days can be stored in the guesthouse in Puerto Williams.