- duration 15 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- Explore trails linking whitewashed settlements and tiny monasteries to the vast pastures of Rupshu
- Head off the beaten track to the Zalung Karpo La and remote Tibetan borderlands
- Traverse passes fluttering with prayer flags that reflect the deep Buddhist heritage
- Visit ancient monasteries and forts in the upper Indus Valley
Trek beyond the famous Markha Valley across the Zalung Karpo La to Rupshu. This is the finest introduction to trekking in Ladakh. The itinerary reflects over 30 years experience in Ladakh and in our constant search for upgrading treks our 'Beyond the Markha Valley' would be hard to beat. In essence we extend our classic trek from the Markha Valley, following established trails linking whitewashed settlements and tiny monasteries to the vast grazing pastures of Rupshu. Rupshu is the home of the Khampa, the original mountain nomads and is perfect for those looking for an unusual and remote trek. This is a stunning trek that explores the Ladakh heartland, where the flutter of prayer flags and the ancient mani walls reflect the deep seated Buddhist heritage and where views of the Zanskar Range stretch to the borderlands of the Tibetan Plateau.
Day 1 : Join Delhi
Day 2 : Fly to Leh
Day 3-4 : In Leh
Day 5 : Leh to Zinchen and trek to Rumbak (1hr drive & 3hrs trek)
Day 6 : In Rumbak (acclimatisation walks)
Day 7 : Rumbak to camp below Ganda La (Walk approx. 3hrs)
Day 8 : Base Camp to Shogdo via Ganda La (Walk approx. 6hrs)
Day 9 : Shogdo to Narding (4-5 hrs)
Day 10 : Narding to Hankar via Markha(6-7 hrs)
Day 11 : Hanker to the base of the Zalung La (6 hrs)
Day 12 : Cross the Zalung La to Tsorka (6-7 hrs)
Day 13 : Trek to Dat settlement (walk approx. 7-8 hrs)
Day 14 : Drive to Leh via Hemis Monastery(drive 7-8 hrs)
Day 15 : Fly Leh to Delhi
- Good quality accommodation in Delhi & Leh
- 14 breakfasts, 13 lunches, 13 dinners
- Airport transfers on Day 1 & Day 15
- Private transportation
- Expert bilingual guide
- Group medical kit
- The use of a World Expeditions trek pack which includes a quality sleeping bag, down or fibre fill jacket and insulated mat (valued at over US$500)
- All park entrances & permits
- Mules to carry all personal and group baggage
- Souvenir World Expeditions kit bag
- Lunch & dinner in Delhi
- Aerated and alcoholic drinks on trek
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry etc
- Airport & departure taxes
- Travel insurance
- International flights
- Flights Delhi/Leh/Delhi
- Bookmundi is partner with World Expeditions. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 125 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 83 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 329 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 18 February 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Beyond the Markha Valley tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Beyond the Markha Valley tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.