- Kayaking and canoeing
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 hours
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Enjoy an exciting full day tour of peaceful rural Luang Prabang
- Experience kayaking along the Nam Khan River
- Observe and feel the peaceful and happy life of local people in Luang Prabang
- Marvel at the beauty of countryside landscape and Tad Sae Waterfall
Here are the details for each season:
High water season (August to January):
At the departure time around 8 am, you will be greeted and picked up at your hotel’s lobby in Luang Prabang. You are then transferred to the Nam Khan River.
Once you arrive there, you will embark on a boat to cruise to the Tad Sae Waterfall which flows directly to Nam Khan River. Coming to this waterfall, you can enjoy not only the fantastic beauty of it but also go swimming in this natural pool. This waterfall is also a popular destination for elephants, so you can see real elephants there and take photos of them.
After relaxing with a refresh swim, you will get on the boat again to head towards our kayaking location where you will be equipped with safety gear to start your kayaking journey through stunning panoramic views of green jungle mountains and Lao life.
You will stop to have lunch, and then continue paddling. It will be very exciting when you kayak through sections of rapids. This journey will take you approximately 3-4 hours to finish the 20km (12 miles) kayaking. However, the time it takes will depend on your kayaking ability. In case you are really good at kayaking, you can have an extension for even longer kayaking from Ban En (25 km).
Low water season (February to July):
A full-day kayaking trip is not available during the dry season due to low water levels and impassible sections. Tad Sae Waterfall is low or dry from February to August. You can consider a half-day kayak option for this season. Please check with us for details.
The trip ends around 5 pm at your hotel.
- All transfers
- Kayak rental
- English speaking guide
- Lunch and water
- All entrance fees
- Safety equipment and life-jackets (child sizes available)
- Personal expenses
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.