- Food tour
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- It's delicious, diverse and handson. You’ll learn the secrets of ceviche, make your own Pisco sour, learn a few Andean cooking tips with a foodie in Cusco and eat empanadas straight from the woodfired oven
- Pay a visit to a cacao farm and get involved in the whole process from planting to the final product. Enjoy a farmcooked dinner and stay overnight on the family's plantation.
- Indulge in an optional tour and tasting at one of the Sacred Valley's first craft breweries. Whet your whistle with a pint of the fruity local IPA, the citrus tinged American pale ale, the caramel malts of the Ayrampo Roja red ale or the hearty chocolate notes of the imperial porter.
- Discover the breadth of Peruvian cuisine in all its rich and colourful history, from the rustic ‘pachamanca’ tradition to Lima’s worldclass urban street food scene
Peruvian food and topography go hand in hand. Using what pachamama (mother earth) gave them, the Peruvians have developed a cuisine that combines local and international flavours. And undoubtedly it is the geography of Peru that makes its culinary culture so distinct. With the coast providing an abundance of fresh seafood, the Andean highland supplying a variety of potatoes and the Amazon rainforest delivering delicious seasonal fruits, it's unsurprising that Peru is one of the world's emerging foodie hotspots.
Different landscapes. lakes and Bungle Bungles let you understand more about this wild Kimberley. If you like hiking,
swimming and drinking Champagne at the same time in the
Lake Agryle, go.”
Sacred Valley to Ollantaytambo
Machu Picchu to Ollantaytambo
- Hotel (8 nights), Farmstay (1 night)
- 9 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches, 1 Dinner
- Plane , Private Vehicle , Train , Taxi , Local Bus
- An expert tour leader
- Lima - Colonial District City & Food Walk
- Lima - Guided tour of San Francisco Monastery including The Catacombs
- Lima - Barranco walking tour
- Lima - Ceviche Cooking Demonstration and Lunch
- Lima - Pisco Distillery Visit and Tasting
- Cusco - Leader-led orientation walk
- Cusco - Andean Cooking Class
- Sacred Valley - Brewery Tour and Tasting
- Sacred Valley - Moray Incan Archaelogical Site
- Sacred Valley - Chichubamba Community Lunch
- Sacred Valley - Maras Salt Mines Visit
- Ollantaytambo - Archaelogical site entrance and guided tour
- Machu Picchu - Entrance and guided tour
- Sacred Valley - Pachamanca Experience & Lunch
- Sacred Valley - Pisac Market & Empanada Tasting
- Any international flights to Lima and from Cusco are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Peru Real Food Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 129 today.
- Earn US$ 86+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Peru Real Food Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 August 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Peru Real Food Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Peru Real Food Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip aims to give you an exciting, diverse and well-rounded experience of a country’s cuisine. While we endeavour to cater for specific dietary requirements, some meals and food activities are set in advance and may be difficult to adjust. In many countries, dietary restrictions are not common or well understood. If you have dietary requirements, please advise your agent at time of booking to receive information on how this may impact on your ability to take part in included activities and meals. Come with an open mind and open mouth, and you won’t be disappointed.
- Due to the high altitude of many of places we visit some people can suffer altitude sickness, regardless of age, gender or fitness. It even happened to Sir Edmund Hillary! Please see the ‘Medical and Health Information’ section of the Essential Trip Information for more details.
- The facilities at your coffee farmstay are basic, but comfortable. The rewards of such an authentic local experience are immeasurable.
- This trip does NOT include hiking to Machu Picchu. You will make the journey by train and bus. If you would like to hike to Machu Picchu, we recommend our trips Sacred Land of the Incas and Inca Trail Express.
- Visitors are not permitted to explore Machu Picchu without a Machu Picchu guide (not our trip leaders) and must follow set routes within the site. This trip includes two guided visits of Machu Picchu and each visit is approximately 1.5 - 2 hours long. Once your guided visits conclude, you will need to leave the site and personal exploration of Machu Picchu is not permitted. Your leader will provide more information to ensure you get the most out of your visits to this incredible site.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Alternate Joining point description
Joining point instructions