- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 13
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Camp beneath rock formations and sleep under the starry night sky in Zion National Park.
- As well as the mustsee attractions on this trip, visit some lesserknown but no less spectacular points, such as Capitol Reef and Arches national parks.
- Learn about Navajo culture and history during an included Jeep tour of Monument Valley, where the landscape is as surreal as it is beautiful, before spending a night in a traditional hogan hut.
- Soak up the scenery on a relaxing visit to a natural hot spring near Bishop – the perfect way to relax before an actionpacked few days!
Take in the desert landscapes, indigenous cultures and natural wonder of Utah, Nevada and California, on a 14-day exploration of the wild (wild) west with Lonely Planet and Intrepid. Beginning in Las Vegas, leave Utah's noisy neighbour behind to discover the tranquillity of the hidden gardens of Zion, the iconic Monument Valley, the inspired desert scenery of Moab and the majestic spires of Bryce Canyon. Meander your way through to San Francisco via the mountains of Sierra Nevada to the lakes of California, and on to one of the USA’s most famous National Parks – Yosemite. The spectacular scenery may change around you, but what won’t waver is the expert local advice you'll receive and the mountains of experiences these three states have to offer.
My tour guide, Kelly, was super knowledgeable, funny, and a pleasure to be around!
The group of people from different countries, regions, and ages made it the best tour I have been on.
Below are a few highlights:
1. BBQ in the Grampians
2. Bay of Martyrs
3. Seeing koalas and kangaroos in their natural habitat
4. The scenery along the Great Ocean Road
5. A boomerang lesson
6. The entire trip was lovely.”
Zion National Park
Zion National Park
Bryce Canyon National Park
Sierra Nevada / Keough Hot Springs
Yosemite National Park
Yosemite National Park
Yosemite National Park
- Camping (with facilities) (7 nights), Hotel (3 nights), Multishare cabin (2 nights), Hogan (1 night)
- 1 Dinner
- Private vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Zion National Park - Entrance Fee
- Monument Valley - Jeep tour & overnight experience
- Delicate Arch sunset hike
- Dead Horse Point State Park
- Arches National Park - Sunrise hike
- Bryce Canyon National Park
- Capitol Reef National Park
- Yosemite National Park - Entrance Fee
- Visit to Mono Lake
- Any international flights to Las Vegas and from San Francisco are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Utah, Nevada & California tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 100+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Utah, Nevada & California tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 October 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Utah, Nevada & California tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Utah, Nevada & California tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Less time spent in a vehicle; more time to explore each destination. This trip has been carefully designed to give you the best experience of a region by reducing the number of one-night-only stops, giving you extra time in the places that matter.
- This is a participatory trip. That’s a fancy way of saying you’re not just along for the ride – you’re part of a team! You know the phrase ‘the more you put in, the more you get out’. Well that’s extra true on this trip. Be prepared to roll up your sleeves and help out with camp activities like food prep and washing up. It’s all about giving your new travel mates a hand – everyone knows there’s nothing worse than trying to put up a tent on your own!
- That teamwork also extends to our optional food kitty of approximately USD 10 per day, run to cover the cost of meals. This kitty saves you worrying about stuff like where to get food or what exactly sales tax is and helps keep your costs down. Instead of paying individually as you go, it means we can bulk purchase items and cook our own food – though there’s always the chance to use it for the occasional pizza night! The kitty is optional and for your convenience, so if you've got specific dietary requirements you can opt out and purchase (and cook) your own food.
- From the steep hiking trails of Yosemite to the towering hills of San Francisco, this trip can involve a lot of walking. Please ensure you bring sturdy walking shoes and comfortable clothes. To make the most of the trip, it's best if you have at least a moderate level of fitness.
- The USA is a big country. Distances between destinations may be longer than what you're used to, especially if you're coming from Europe. There are some long days of driving, so expect to spend a lot of time in the van. Conditions can feel a little cramped, but the passing scenery and your new travelling friends will keep you occupied.
- The desert areas of Utah can be very hot and dry, especially in summer. Although our private vehicles do have air conditioning, it has to work pretty hard to keep a full group cool. Expect to feel hot during summer and cold at other times of the year, especially at night. Please consider the season and research the weather conditions to determine the best time to travel for you. Remember to come prepared with adequate clothing.
- You'll be travelling in a van with a group of travellers, so conditions may feel a little cramped. This is all part of the adventure, however, and you might even make some long-term friends.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Joining point instructions
Joining point description