Looking for available travel experts
Las Vegas, ‘the entertainment capital of the world’ is often overshadowed by its other name, ‘the gambling capital of the world’ and first timers expect a trip to Las Vegas to be one giant casino. Although there is fun to be had at the fruit machines and blackjack tables of Caesar’s Palace or the three-storied bar at the Cosmopolitan casino, there’s also a myriad of other exciting activities to visit in Las Vegas. An adult’s playground in the middle of the Nevada desert, a trip to Las Vegas takes on an air of fantasy with glitz and glamour at every turn.
- Cruise down the mythical Las Vegas strip and snap a photo of the iconic ‘Welcome to fabulous Las Vegas, Nevada’ sign.
- Plan a night of bar-hopping in Downtown’s quirky watering holes including a 50’s style beauty salon.
- Experience the breath-taking Cirque du Soleil show.
- Catch a celebrity during their Las Vegas residency: everyone from Celine Dion to Jennifer Lopez have had residencies here.
- City Center is the place to shop, and then drop at one of the gorgeous hotels attached to this mega mall.
- Get your adrenaline pumping by rocketing up Las Vegas’ tallest building: Stratosphere. You’ll be rewarded by a revolving restaurant and cocktail bar at the top.
- After a long night, detox in one of Las Vegas’ world-class spas.
- Tiny piano bars downtown are some of the best places to stumble upon an intimate, spontaneous gig.
- Skip a taxi from the airport and arrange an airport shuttle instead to save some cash for the casinos.
- Many choose to holiday in Las Vegas for the weekend, but mid-week is less crowded and often cheaper.
- For cheaper accommodation, avoiding staying on The Strip.
- Walking in the desert heat can take it out of you. Use the monorail and the trams to save yourself a bout of heatstroke.
- Casinos offer free cocktails if you’re using the slot machines etc.