- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Experience local life during homestays in the Mekong Delta and Da Bac. Get to know local families, participate in their activities and enjoy a homestyle meal.
- Cruise a sea of limestone karsts, bluegreen waters, mysterious caves and ancient jungle on an unforgettable Cat Ba Island boat trip
- Get a different view of Vietnam from the back of a motorbike. Take a twowheeled tour around Hue and enjoy a special lunch spot at a convent or Buddhist monastery for a delicious vegetarian feast.
- Enjoy this leisurelypaced itinerary that allows for ample time in each location, with a great mix of included activities and free time to explore
Journey from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City on an incredible two-week adventure in Vietnam. Discover the stately capital Hanoi, the lush hills of the Da Bac region, the stunning limestone scenery of Cat Ba Island, the majesty of historic Hue, the fairytale atmosphere of Hoi An, the glorious waterways of the Mekong Delta and the dynamic streets of Ho Chi Minh City. Explore not only the main highlights of the cities, but also the remote countryside, well away from the tourist crowds. A homestay in Sung Village, nestled in the forest among caves and tea plantations, is a chance to trek through minority villages and experience Vietnam at its sleepy best.
Cat Ba Island
Hanoi - Overnight train
Ho Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh City
- Guesthouse (1 night), Homestay (1 night), Hotel (11 nights), Overnight sleeper train (1 night)
- 13 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Boat , Overnight sleeper train , Private minibus , Taxi , Train , Motorbike
- An expert tour leader
- Hanoi - Blue Dragon breakfast
- Hanoi - Ho Chi Minh Complex: Ho Chi Minh, Stilt House and Museum
- Hanoi - Temple of Literature
- Da Bac - Homestay Dinner
- Da Bac - Homestay Lunch
- Da Bac - Sung Cave & Village Tour
- Da Bac - Sung village to Da Bia hike
- Da Bac - Da Bia Lunch
- Cat Ba Island - Kayaking
- Cat Ba Island - Boat trip on Lan Ha Bay
- Cat Ba Island - Lan Ha Bay Lunch
- Hue - Imperial City Full Day Tour Urban Adventure
- Hue - Highlights & back streets by motorbike (lunch included)
- Hue - Royal tomb of Emperor Tu Duc
- Hue - Perfume River cruise & Thien Mu Pagoda
- Hoi An - Old Town walking tour
- Ho Chi Minh City - War Remnants Museum
- Ho Chi Minh City - City tour
- Mekong Delta - Boat Cruise and Homestay
- Mekong Delta - Guesthouse Dinner
- Mekong Delta - Boat Cruise Lunch
- Any international flights to Hanoi and from Ho Chi Minh City are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Scenic Vietnam tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 43+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Scenic Vietnam tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 December 2020, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 December 2020, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Scenic Vietnam tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Scenic Vietnam tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- You'll be spending two nights with local families on this trip. While the accommodation is shared and basic, this is a great opportunity to connect with the local people (and enjoy delicious home-cooked meals!). Read more about the experiences here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/community-based-tourism-vietnam/
- This trip involves a 10-kilometre trek in the hills of Da Bac, as well as included city walking tours. While being on your feet can be a bit tiring, this is the best way to really get under the skin of a place.
- We cover a lot of distance on this trip, including on overnight trains. Accommodation and amenities are shared and basic, but the experience of rubbing shoulders with the locals makes it all worthwhile. For more about what this experience is like, see our blog post here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/what-to-expect-on-an-overnight.
- Vietnam has an incredibly diverse climate influenced by both tropical monsoons and its range of altitudes and latitudes. Temperatures can vary from a brisk 4°C (39°F) in the northern mountains during winter to a sweltering and humid 36°C (97°F) in Ho Chi Minh City during the middle of the dry season. Please check the weather for the time of year you're travelling in order to pack appropriate clothing.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers