- City sightseeing
- Sightseeing tour
- Local culture
- National parks
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 7 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 4
- age requirement 10+ years old
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Take a guided city tour of Dakar and vicinity
- Visit Goree Island, a UNESCO World Heritage Site with a turbulent past
- Enjoy the natural surroundings in Djoudj National Bird Park
- Learn more about local culture at craft markets, Pink Lake and other spots
See some of Senegal’s gems including Pink Lake, a rare phenomenon located only an hour from Dakar, where the high concentration of salt and microorganisms gives the water a uniquely pink color. A twenty minute ferry ride takes you to Goree Island, where the tranquil atmosphere and pastel colored houses betray Goree’s infamous past. Explore Dakar itself on a city tour that shows off the main highlights including the presidential palace and the most significant neighbourhoods. Pick up some handmade souvenirs and treasures to bring home from the local craft markets. If you are near Dakar on Sunday you may schedule a few hours to visit Abbaye de Keur Moussa, a Benedictine monastery built in the early 1900s and where Sunday mass is celebrated accompanied by traditional African musical instruments such as koras, balafons and soft drums.
This is an excellent choice for traveller's wanting to learn more about Senegal and see some of the highlights. Please find more information in the itinerary and what's included sections.
Day 1: Welcome to Dakar, Senegal
Day 2: Dakar city tour - Pink Lake
Day 3: Goree Island - Dakar
Day 4: Thies – Ngaye – St Louis
Day 5: Djoudj National Park
Day 6: Touba - Saly
Day 7: Depart home
- Breakfast daily and 5 dinners
- Meeting and assistance upon arrival and departure
- Round-trip airport/hotel transfers
- Hotel accommodation
- Transportation in private vehicle
- Experienced tour guide
- Admission to listed sites
- Bottled water while on tour
- Cost of visa
- Meals not listed
- Travel insurance
- Gratuity to driver and guide
- Personal items such as laundry, internet and telephone
- Earn US$ 73+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationThe tour can also be performed for solo travelers and couples. Please make an enquiry for more information.