- duration 5 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 12+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore Machu Picchu, the hidden citadel of the Incas
- See panoramic views of Salkantay, Humantay, Tucarhuay and Pumasillo mountains
- Roam the ancient ruins of Llactapata
- Visit the spectacular bluegreen Humantay Lake
You will walk through sweeping, magical landscapes of a snowy mountain paradise to a tropical jungle with a wide range of animals and medicinal plants and flowers. Witness first-hand a living, but ancient, culture in remote villages hardly ever seen by foreigners!
Along the way hike up to the unforgettable Humantay Lake (4,200 m) with its unbelievable blue-green water reflecting the mountain glaciers of Apu Humantay.
At the end of the trek, reach Machu Picchu, and explore the numerous temples, palaces houses and sundials of the hidden royal citadel of the Incas.
Day 1: Cusco - Challancha - Soraypampa (Humantay Lake)
Day 2: Soraypampa - Salkantay Pass - Wayracpunku - Chaullay
Day 3: Chaullay - Collpapamba - La Playa - Lucmabamba
Day 4: Lucmabamba - Llactapata - Hidroelectrica - Aguas Calientes
Day 5: Machu Picchu
- 4 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 4 dinners
- Pre-departure briefing
- Experienced bilingual guide
- Personal accommodation in private campsites
- Camping equipment
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- Accomodation in Aguas Calientes
- 1 duffle bag
- Cargo mules
- Trekking cook
- Train tickets
- Entrance fee to Salkantay Trail (USD 4 per person)
- Sleeping bags
- Walking sticks
- Personal clothing
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Anything not mentioned in the 'What's Included' section of the itinerary
- Save US$ 19+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationPrices are per person based and requires a minimum of two people to do the trip