- duration 4 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 4650 meters
- Hike up the Ipsaycocha Pass (4,450 m) and admire the amazing views
- Enjoy trekking in the picturesque Lares region. See dramatic mountain scenery
- Discover the enigmatic ruins of Machu Picchu
- Journey to the beautiful Sacred Valley and the village of Ollantaytambo
The Lares trek is a two or three-day high-altitude hike starting near the village Lares, approximately 40 miles north of Cusco and 35 miles east of Machu Picchu.The Lares Valley lies in the east of the Urubamba Mountain range, traversing parts of the Sacred Valley. Reaching the starting point of the trek takes approximately five hours by bus or van.
This trek is an excellent alternative to the Inca Trail. Taking you off the beaten track with visits to authentic Andean communities whilst being surrounded by stunning mountains, lakes and valleys, this fabulous trek offers a real insight into the lives of the people of Cusco as it once was.
Day 1: Cusco – Lares – Quishuarani
Day 2: Quishuarani – Cancha Cancha
Day 3: Cancha Cancha – Huaran – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
Day 4: Machu Picchu – Cusco
- A professional, bilingual tour guide
- Round trip train ticket from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
- Round trip bus tickets from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Transfers from Cusco hotel to Pumahuanca, Lares to Ollantaytambo, and from train station in Ollantaytambo to Cusco hotel
- 2 nights in spacious personal tents with inflatable mattresses
- Hot water every morning and evening for washing purposes
- Meals: 4 breakfast, 3 lunch, 3 dinner. The food includes pancakes, omelettes, soups, fresh fruit, avocado, pasta, chicken, fish, meat and rice, all rich in carbohydrates and suitable for trekking
- Horsemen with packhorse or mules (for carring camping equipment and up to 8kg of your personal belongings)
- A dining tent
- Entrance fees to hot springs in Lares and Machu Picchu
- First aid kit including an emergency oxygen bottle
- Peru visa
- Travel insurance
- Entrance fee to Huayna Picchu (see optional add ons)
- Expenses that are personal in nature, like phone calls and laundry
- Save US$ 22+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
40% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 60 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, but the 40% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 60 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 40% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 60 days prior departure. For any bookings within 60 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.