- City sightseeing
- National parks
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 16 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 10+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Discover the Unesco World Heritage sites of Sigiriya and Dambulla
- Spot incredible wildlife and exotic birdlife in Gal Oya and Yala National Parks
- Explore the lush tea plantations and rolling hills of Sri Lanka’s hill country
- Travel through rural villages and interact with locals
Meet a Wayfairer representative upon arrival in Sri Lanka and transfer by private, air-conditioned vehicle to your first accommodation, The Mudhouse. This remote retreat, located near the village of Anamaduwa, is designed to have the feel of a traditional, rural Sri Lankan village. Accommodation here comprises simple thatched roof huts spread across 60 acres of forest.
Next, you’ll transfer to the ancient city Anuradhapura. See Buddhist temples, monasteries and places of worship which cover over 40 square kilometres. Discover the Unesco World Heritage site of Sigiriya Rock and the Dambulla cave temples.
From here you’ll head to Sri Lanka’s hill country where you’ll stay at the luxurious Madulkelle Tea and Eco Lodge, located 30 kilometres from Kandy. Discover the sacred sites of Kandy and feel free to explore the majestic mountains, green valleys and tea plantations surrounding the secluded and peaceful lodge.
Time to see Sri Lanka’s wildlife during a visit to two of its incredible national parks. First comes Gal Oya National Park where you can enjoy boat safari on Senanayake Samudraya Lake and jeep safaris in the jungle, followed by Yala National Park which is home to wildlife such as leopards, elephants and crocodiles, plus hundreds of bird species.
Explore Sinharaja, in southwestern Sri Lanka, after that. You’ll stay at The Rainforest Eco Lodge in a luxury cabin set right next to a tropical rainforest and get the opportunity to explore the surrounding forest and tea plantations.
Spend the final days of your holiday relaxing in Koggala, a small coastal town situated at the edge of a beautiful lagoon on the southern coast of Sri Lanka, at Tri Lanka, a tranquil hideaway on the banks of Koggala Lake. We will transfer you to the airport after the tour is over.
Day 1: Arrive in Colombo & transfer to Anamaduwa
Day 2: Explore Anamaduwa
Day 3: Anamaduwa – Anuradhapura
Day 4: Explore Sigiriya and Dambulla
Day 5: Transfer to Sri Lanka’s hill country
Day 6: Explore a tea plantation
Day 7: Kandy – Gal Oya National Park
Day 8: Free day in Gal Oya National Park
Day 9: Meet Vedda tribe & transfer from Gal Oya National Park to Yala National Park
Day 10: Explore Yala National Park
Day 11: Yala National Park – Sinharaja
Day 12: Free day in Sinharaja
Day 13: Sinharaja – Koggala Lake
Day 14: Free day in Koggala Lake
Day 15: Koggala Lake continues
Day 16: Transfer to airport for flight home
- Private airport transfers
- VIP arrival services at Bandaranaike International Airport
- Accommodation as stated in the itinerary
- Meals as stated in the itinerary
- Excursions and activities as stated in the itinerary
- Professional local English speaking guides
- International flights
- Visas and travel insurance
- Optional activities and excursions
- Earn US$ 180+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.